First ever game, a few questions

By Utgaardsloke, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Greetings all!

I just played my first ever game of Descent, with the Road to Legend expasnion. Had a great time, but also a few questions. The rest of the game goup had played the game before, but never with the expansion, so we probably got a few thing wrong. I apologize if these questions seem idiotic!

1. Overlord upgrades. The manual states that the OL gets 15xp to buy upgrades before the game starts, and our OL bought "snipers" which he then went on to kill several characters in the first dungeon we faced. But after reading the rules one more time, it states the 15xp are for Avatar upgrades only. Does this means the OL were not allowed to buy the "snipers" then?

2. On the dungeon level 2 we faced a scenario where a group of sorcerers summoned a red demon. The OL played placed just the first section of the level with a door on the end, and not the sorcerers or summoning cirlce. Yet, the summoning startd counting the first turn the adventurers entered (and thus were finished after 3 turns, long before we reached the door even). This seemed a little off to me, as the scenario played this way would always produce the demon as there is no chance of getting through the door and into the circle to stop the summoning in just three turns.

3. Can two leutenants stack on the world map?

Had a great time as Varikas the Dead with the command skill, but as I have never played the game before I do not really know about which character/skill combos that truly rule. Looking forward to play more! :)

1) The only things you can't buy are Lts and Plot cards

2) He played it wrong. The entire map starts out in play with everything on it. There are no unrevealed areas in the normal dungeons for RtL.

3) Yes