A few questions about the Orcs

By Grapevine32, in Rune Age

Hi, got some questions about the Orcs:

Lizard Rider - Resolution: If you have 0 cards in your hand, destroy any number of opposing units whose combined strength is 2 or less.

Wanted to confirm on this. Does this mean the Lizard Rider can destroy ALL opposing units that have only 2 strength or less, or just up to a total of 2 strength (for example 2 reanimates or 1 skeleton archer) ?

War Chief - When played: Immediately purchase 1 unit from your barracks (using only Gold cards.) Add that unit to your hand.

So, correct me if I am wrong, but i understand that any factions could discard all their gold cards during the spend gold action without actually buying anything.

When using the War Chief's when played ability, can I do the same as above, discard all my gold cards wihout buying anything?

Thanks.

Anyone there? Lol

For the Lizard Rider, I'm pretty sure you're either destroying one unit of cost 2, or two units of cost 1. It doesn't take out all 2-cost or 1-cost units.

For the Warchief, I'm just not sure. I'd say no because it specifically says, "1 unit" so purchasing 0 would go against the card's instructions. I could see it going either way, though.

I know this post is really late, but I would just like to offer some additional insight into this.

Firstly, yes, each Lizard Rider can only destroy units whose combined strength = 2. i.e. you can destroy either two 1-strength units or one 2-strength unit.

Secondly, the War Chief. As the card specifically states, you have to buy at least 1 unit if you activate his ability (remember, activating when-played abilities is optional). However, you could spend more gold than the unit costs to get rid of all your gold. i.e. you could spend 5 gold just to buy a Ravager.