Gencon Cthulhu tournament

By kamacausey, in CoC General Discussion

I was on the gencon page just now trying to get a ticket for the Cthulhu tournament and I couldn't because the event said it had a maximum number of 22 players allowed to compete for the championship and apparently all the tickets have already been purchased... This doesn't seem right to me. Wouldn't there be an unlimited number of people allowed to play in this event? If only 22 players are allowed to compete I'm gonna be ticked! Although it is cool because already more people are signed up this year than played last year. We had 20 last year I believe.

Nineteen last year, sixteen the year before. Before that I don't know.

But yeah, I would hope they could increase the number of seats a bit if there are bodies willing to fill them.

I e-mailed Fantasy Flight about the ticket situation and they have added 6 more slots for anyone that cares that would like a ticket that hasn't already got one.

If they run out you can always pay with generic tickets when you are there.

You can, provided seats are available. My take is that in an event like this FFG would have made room anyway, but it's a better idea to make it official just to avoid any chance of a problem at the last second.