Our Armoured needs, various kit for Armoured regiments

By BossTroll, in Only War House Rules

Today my group is starting a new adventure in the wonderful world of Warhammer 40k. Their regiment is the 76th Cadian Armoured.

Now, almost immediatly, I ran into some problems regarding gear. There really isn't much specific stuff for tankers. So here's a few items I came up with:

Tanker Helmet (standard equipment for armoured regiments): The tanker helmet is a piece of kit specifically designed for tank crews. It provides limited protection against splintering, and a secure communication channel with the rest of the crew.

Rules: AP 2. Secure comms: As long as the helmet is plugged into a vehicle, the crew can communicate without any checks for noise.

(The inside of a tank is LOUD, and I don't want my players to feel stifelled in their RPing)

Lemann Russ Conqueror:

The Conqueror is a variant of the standard Russ, designed for more mobile warfare.

Rules: Enhanced motive systems, added as a special rule to the tank.

Conqueror Cannon: This is a shorter battlecannon, leading to a range reduction, but more accurate firing on the move. It counts as a battlecannon with a range of 500m, and it adds a +10 to hit bonus when the vehicle is moving. The smaller cannon also means 6 extra shells can be carried.

(If you want to stick close to the models, the Conqueror also comes equipped with a coaxial stormbolter and a searchlight)

Exterminator Autocannon: Designed for savage anti personel and anti light-vehicle action, this twin barreled weapon can lay down a withering hail of fire.

Rules: This is an m34 autocannon, with the following changes: Add Long barreled and storm qualities, change ROF to: S/2/5. It has a clip of 250, with a 5 full action reload.

Enjoy :-)

I think the increased RoF is enough, I would add Twin Linked at most.Or leave the RoF as is and add Storm.

Edited by Santiago

I think the increased RoF is enough, I would add Twin Linked at most.Or leave the RoF as is and add Storm.

It needs to compete with battlecannons and such, so it really needs to pack a punch, hence the storm+rof increase.

My guys went with a bog standard for now, though. Gonna have a look at the exterminator in some npc trials.

Not that I'm suggesting that we take TT values directly but for comparison the Exterminators a twin linked heavy 4 weapon in the TT. That's the same as a quad linked hydra cannon or a twin linked Assault cannon. So the Exterminator autocannon is a very different, much fast beast than normal autocannon.

Not that I'm suggesting that we take TT values directly but for comparison the Exterminators a twin linked heavy 4 weapon in the TT. That's the same as a quad linked hydra cannon or a twin linked Assault cannon. So the Exterminator autocannon is a very different, much fast beast than normal autocannon.

Yup, thats why I went with the stats I came up with. It just needed a full auto setting :-)

On the tabletop, the Conqueror Cannon has S7 and AP4 as opposed to S8 and AP3. Shouldn't this be reflected in the cannon's OW stats? Maybe 3d10+8 Pen 6 like the Autocannon (which on the tabletop is also S7 Pen 4)? I do like the bonus to firing on the move, though.

As for the Exterminator, considering that the Heavy Bolter and Multilaser (both Heavy 3 on the tabletop) full auto for 6 and 5, respectively, you could quite happily make the Exterminator's cannon full-auto for 10. In my experience, the Storm quality is rather blisteringly overpowered (Seriously, a storm bolter is WAY more dangerous than a heavy bolter in my group's experience), so S/5/10 Twin-Linked seems like a nice potential alternative to S/2/5 Twin-Linked and Storm. But that's just me.

Incidentally, we could also use stats for the Executioner, Eradicator, Punisher and Annihilator. The Annihilator is easy enough... just a lascannon with a doubled clip an Twin-Linked... and the Executioner could use the normal Plasma Cannon statblock with S/2/4, S/3/5 or something to that effect, but I'm not sure what one would do with the Eradicator and Punisher. The Punisher is probably one case where the Storm quality would be appropriate, if nothing else... Maybe -/-/10, 2d10+5 Pen 0, Storm and Twin-Linked?

Oh and we could use stats for the Melta Cannon on the Devildog and the Chem Cannon on the Banewolf as well...

Edited by CaptainTrek