Crushing block

By Pincus2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

For some reason, my group plays that crushing block ends the victims movement. That seems odd to me, considering you can't even roll to avoid it. They say they saw it in a faq somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anybody else play that way? Is it listed anywhere?

The FAQ is currently missing in action, but I'm 99.9% sure there is nothing like that in there. You are of course allowed to change whatever you want, but that does make the card amazingly more powerful than it should be.

pincus said:

For some reason, my group plays that crushing block ends the victims movement. That seems odd to me, considering you can't even roll to avoid it. They say they saw it in a faq somewhere, but I can't find it.

Anybody else play that way? Is it listed anywhere?

It is not listed in the existing FAQ (1.4), nor was it in the most recent aborted FAQ.

It may have been a forum answer, in this forum or the previous, But I never heard of it and I never heard anyone else making such a claim.

I think they are mistaken.

It is already a pretty powerful card, the way the OL gets to decide where the hero is placed afterward.

Only the trap Paralyzing Gas stops your turn from as far as I know... don't add words to the cards, in general if they don't say it, its not there. (Paralyzing Gas sepecifically says ends heroes turn)

There's a couple of other ones that end the victim's turn, such as Curse of the Monkey God. But in general, traps don't end the hero's turn unless they say they do, and I've never encountered the slightest hint that Crushing Block would do so.