Just got Exodus... aaaand I have a question:

By Rullys, in Battlestar Galactica

I'm not even goin to attempt to wrap my head around all the options Exodus provides -- at least not yet. My question is fairly straight forward: During setup with the Exodus expansion, must a basestar and 3 raiders be placed in front of Galactica and 2 civilian ships behind it the way the core game asks? Or does the Cylon fleet board completely ignore that?

Exodus page 5:

Before setting up the core game, use the following instructions
for incorporating the expansion.

So.... yes? but there are other issues like the new ships (damaged) etc.

I'm just gonna go with yes.

A few more questions...

Personal Goal Loyalty Cards:

a.) Can they all be revealed if the situation is right, or must they all be activated as an "action"? I thought they could only be revealed as an "action", but that would make it impossible for some to trigger in this way. Example: "USE CAUTION: THE FLEET HAS MADE A 1-DISTANCE JUMP -- Action: Reveal this card if a 1-distance Destination Card has been resolved." Usually a Destination Card resolves after the fleet jumps -- long after the action phase. Does one wait til his turn after a 1-distance destination card is resolved to reveal during his action phase? That would make sense, but the way the card is written doesn't imply that.

b.) When a Personal Goal Loyalty Card is revealed, if distance is 6 or less, can that personal goal card be shuffled into the loyalty deck itself, potentially causing the player to draw it again?

a.) As long as there is a 1-distance jump card played, you can reveal that personal goal. It doesn't have to be played immediately after the jump is resolved.

b.) The person goal loyalty card isn't discarded; it is just revealed. As a result, it cannot be shuffled into the deck or redrawn.

Oh! I completely misread b.)

I thought the player would have to shuffle HIS OWN You Are Not A Cylon card into the loyalty deck and draw a new card.