Doubts

By yako2020, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I have some questions to be beginner in the world of card games.
Playing yesterday with some friends we encounter some doubts.
1 - I played with the house Stark and decididi use Vahlar Morgulis the letter says when revealed, then one of the other players decide to use an event that says you should ignore this letter and use another one that was better than a closed or had been used . But after he used it reveal the plots and my say when revealed, decided that his letter would have an effect.
2 - In the same game we had the following situation. One of the players downloaded a plot that was decreasing in 1 to FORCE the characters. So far so good, then one of the players suffered an attack with strength 1, but he had used the card bones of a child who was decreasing the attacker's Claim to 0, doubt is the attack would have to be defended, but the character would die in or it could simply ignore the letter and keep standing? Seeing that it would be attacked the player then decides to use kissed by fire, but then we fall in the previous situation, he said the use of the letter after being attacked then decided it could even kill the character but the attack happened. act wrong?

Thanks.

I feel so bad because I'm having a lot of trouble following your questions. When you say "letter" I assume that means "text"?

Could you tell us the name of the event that was played during Valar Morghulis? I am not able to figure out what event your opponent played.

As for the second scenario, what plot was played? I don't know what "decreasing in 1 the FORCE" means as it isn't a game term. Do you mean Threat from the North that reduces all characters STR by 1 and discards the character from play when their STR reaches 0?

If claim is ever 0, then you are fulfilling a claim of 0. This normally means you do not need to fulfill any claim because you are either discarding 0 cards from the opponents hand for intrigue challenges, taking 0 power from their house card for power challenges, and killing 0 characters for military challenges.

English does not appear to be your native language so I apologize for having difficulty understanding your post.

Sorry, I am using Google Translator.
I am brazilian.
I donĀ“t have the cards names, but I will get with the owner of the game.
In the ruleset book says the attacker gains 1 power if the defender does nothing.
The attack was military, but the claim was 0. We know that character could not die. But the question is the player would turn the card to defend?

If you win an unopposed challenge as the attacker with 0 claim, then the attacker can still claim 1 power for winning the challenge unopposed. The defending player can still declare defenders to stop this power from being claimed if they would like to.

1) Still not sure what Event was played, so can't speak to this.

2) I'm going to assume that the plot you mentioned is Threat From The North and we're having translation problems. If an attack is made with a Claim of 0, then you will suffer nothing from letting it go unopposed, the winner will claim 1 power for an unopposed attack but you will not have to lose power of your own, or kill a character, or lose cards from hand.

Bones of a Child is an action you can only take in the Challenges phase, it does not mean you can only use it when you are attacked.

If the attacking character is killed by Flame-Kissed before the challenge is fully resolved, then the attack fails, there is no claim or reward for being unopposed. (Flame-kissed is an awesome card for that reason among others.) There is a rule in the main rulebook that the attacker must always have at least 1 character with at least 1 Str in the challenge at all times.

good luck!