Tournament Ideas.

By Choitz, in Hollow Bastion

I love the idea of Highlander , 'n came up with a new concept for a tournament, if ever anyone wishes to play.

The name of the game is Dominion (kudos to those who get the reference). The rules are simple: no matter what you play out on your turn, your hand must be discarded at the end of your turn. There are no cards saved, 'n each turn, you draw a whole new hand. All other gameplay is as the standard rules 'n regulations. A friend 'n I were testin it out, 'n we were sweatin blood by the end of our first match.

I highly recommend it for anyone who wishes to try out a new concept to Kingdom Hearts. My friends 'n I are slowly comin up with new tournaments 'n rules to make the game even more complex 'n fun. If anyone has an idea, feel free to post it here, 'n we'll see if we can make a list of tournament ideas.

Who knows? Maybe one of the ideas may be pick'd up by someone from Fantasy Flight, 'n made into a real tournament. Which would be awesome !!

Another neat tournament idea for Kingdom Hearts came to me while I was playin the other day .

Kingdom Hearts: Diced! In this version of the game, you'll need a six sided die. The rules are very simple: the die determines virtually everythin.

Here's your basic, run of the mill turn:

At the beginnin of your turn (draw phase), roll the die. Whatever number you roll, that's how many cards you draw this turn. (note: hand limit cannot exceed 10 cards at any time. If the duck bros or Selphie are present, tally the number after the die roll. If the results are 0 or negative, you must draw 1 card)

Durin the action phase, the die will be used in two different steps: 1) determine how many friend/magic/magical friend/attack/equipment/world card(s) can be play'd this turn; 'n 2) determine how many dark cards can be play'd on your opponent's world (if any are present) this turn (both these die rolls are to be consider'd seperate 'n to be apply only to the steps they represent). The unique twist is the worlds have no dark card limit, however, the dark cards must apply to the basic dark level limit (ie: a level 5 behemoth cannot be play'd on a level 1 world right out. The world total would have to match [Jack's effect can 'n does affect the dark cards as per norm]). All card effects are applied as normal (such as Hundred Acre Woods hand discard, Disney Castle's 'no dark cards allow'd', or Stopga's drawless powerl. Beast/Tidus discard effects do not count as a play'd turn 'n do not take up a die turn counter).

Durin the challenge phase, the die will be consulted after the results of the match, to which it will be roll'd 'n then divided in half, rounded down. The number presented after calculations is the amount of HP the losin player will lose (ie: a 1 is a 0 HP [meanin you won, but you miss'd], 2 'n 3 are rounded down to a 1 HP, 4 'n 5 are rounded down to a 2, 'n 6 rounded down to a 3). (note: Soul Eater's effect will be applied after the total is calculated, meanin if the player is to lose 2 HP via die roll, the player will instead lose 3 HP)

'N at the end of your turn, roll the die one last time, then divide the total in half 'n round down. Whatever the total is (same as example in the challenge phase), that is how many cards you must discard (if any are present in hand). This keeps hand rotation goin.

The next player's turn then proceeds the same as mention'd above. The win conditions are the same as well.

I hope you all enjoy a new twist to the game! Test it out 'n lemme know what you think!

add a nomal deck of cards and play high or low to see if u can attack at all this turn

This is not a new tournament style, but since promotion seems to be a problem in some areas, maybe sending some cards to be signed by their artists or real life voices, would make good promos to give away at tournaments.