Region not occupied by (ANOTHER) character

By player2037909, in Talisman Rules Questions

Is there any difference in rules resluting from the text of the Displacement Spell (where we have "not already occupied by a character") and Barrier Spell (where we have "not occupied by ANOTHER character"). This is the same rule (if so, sorry form my unawareness of gramma) or we can place Barrier on the space occupied by our character?

8janek8 said:

Is there any difference in rules resluting from the text of the Displacement Spell (where we have "not already occupied by a character") and Barrier Spell (where we have "not occupied by ANOTHER character"). This is the same rule (if so, sorry form my unawareness of gramma) or we can place Barrier on the space occupied by our character?

There's a slight difference as you already explained. You can place Barrier on the same space of your Character. This is particularly useful because you cannot be attacked for an entire round and then decide in which direction you want to move.

On the contrary, Displacement Spell must be placed on a space with no Characters on it. I don't know why there's such a limitation; an interesting effect of Displacement is to put a card on the same space of another Character to prevent his landing on it the next turn.

Thanls for the answers