good co-op game with friends?

By titanman083, in The Lord of the Rings: The Board Game

I'm looking for a good co-op game to play with my friends that will be fun and interesting for a long time. So im wondering if this would be a good choice? or get something different like arkham horror, battlestar galactica or dracula. (just saw those on the website.)

thanks in advance

Lord of the Rings base game is entirely co-operative - the players vs the game.

Battlestar Galactica is a stunning game but it is not a co-op game, its a team game with people unsure of how the teams are allocated, Arkham I do not know and Dracula is an opposed game with co-op elements.

So if you want purely co-op then Lord of the Rings is the one from that list that I would point you towards. Also with the books and films its readily identifiable as a story so the theme works.

me and my friends have great fun w this one! aplauso.gif

Despite the fact that the ruleset can be quite baffling at times, this is one of our favorite games.

Yeah I think the rulebook is a bit obscure - finding how to end the game still catches me out.

This is good for a short game (<1hr), and more approaching a beer and pretzel game. I don't mean that in a negative manner, just that you don't have to think as much as some of the other coops I have played.

This game works well as a co-op game, and me and my friends had fun with it, but like stated previously, it should be observed that Battlestar Galactica isn't strictly co-op. It all depends on what you're going for.