How did Jury-rigged turn out in final release?

By player266669, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

For anyone that has access to the core rulebook, I'm curious if the jury-rigged talent was altered from beta. I had originally posted this back during beta, but it was toward the end of the cycle and nothing came of it:

I'd like to see "Jury-rigged" changed a bit. Firstly, I'd suggest removing the ability to reduce the Advantage cost on triggering a weapon's quality, because it makes Auto-fire broken again. I'm fine with the +1 damage and reduced Critical cost, but reducing Auto=fire back to just 1 Advantage per activation makes this a very powerful option.
Also, the text doesn't cover what happens when the weapon or armor in question is lost. Assuming the bonus does not automatically convey to another of the character's weapons or pieces of armor, then the character has in effect lost XP equal to the cost of the talent. Is this what the designers' intend?

Does anyone who has the book know the answer?

For every rank in Jury Rigged, you may modify one personal weapon or one piece of armor. You may increase the damage of a weapon by one; decrease the advantage cost to trigger a critical, or any other single effect to a minimum of one. Or increase armor's ranged or melee defense by one. Alternately, you can decrease the encumbrance of an item by two to a minimum of one. This bonus only applies as along as the character is using the item. Once an item is lost or destroyed, you may apply a rank of Jury Rigged to a new item.