Terror in Venice?

By IcyCat, in CoC General Discussion

Anyone have any idea whether or not Terror in Venice will be out before GenCon?

Well they announced it in April I believe, which is a good 4 months before Gencon, but the Yog box came out in May. I think it might be out at Gencon, if not before.

I would very much expect to see this debut at GenCon.

I am assuming it will be released before GenCon. I have no proof of this but if I was in FFG's position I wouldn't want to dilute the news coming from GenCon about brand new games.

Also from a players perspective: I personally have some issues with the Key expansion and to a lesser degree Seekers. I believe Seekers and Yog, especially the powerful yard effects in Yog, are drastically altering the meta and could lead to mirror decks through out the comp. I am hoping that a non-faction box will allow FFG to boost and build answers into all of the factions that have either not had a big box expansion or just need some fixing to compete with Seekers and The Key.

So it is my hope that Venice will be out and out early enough that it can make it into decks for the GenCon event.

I'm still expecting it before Gencon, but if it doesn't arrive by then then AT the con for sure.

Elder Sign was a Gen Con debut 2 years ago and first Hobbit LCG deluxe expansion was last year at Gen Con, so I assume Venice will be much the same for this year.

The spanish edition ( "Terror en Venecia") is announced to september.

So that means we will have 24-48 hours to make deck changes after we see cards. Great! That sounds like plenty of time to playtest! Lol!

Well, nothing is certain. Maybe it will be there, maybe it won't. Last time I checked it was "on the boat" and boats are notoriously unreliable for predicting their exact arrival time. We get it when we get it.

Personally, I've earmarked 1-2 cards in my deck for possible replacement if the new box arrives and has something I like better for the factions I'm playing. I'm as ready as I can be.