Watery Shrine, Immunity, Attachments, and Cancels

By Old Ben, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

Mauve Butterfly
Since Watery Shrine acts on the duplicate (which is pulled from the deck) it can be used on immune to triggered effects characters like Euron Crow's Eye (ITE) right?

If ITE Euron uses a duplicate to save himself, the duplicate cannot be cancelled through a triggered effect since he is immune? I seem to recall that character abilities cannot be cancelled by a card that the character is immune to.

Can Old Bear's Crow (e.g.) be moved to (or attached from discard to) a character that is immune to triggered effects?

I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes" in all the above cases, but I wanted to make sure I had this right before I consider running a certain deck for nationals.

ktom
Mauve Butterfly wrote:
Since Watery Shrine acts on the duplicate (which is pulled from the deck) it can be used on immune to triggered effects characters like Euron Crow's Eye (ITE) right?

Correct. Watery Shrine neither targets nor acts directly on the immune character, so you can indeed use to dupe an immune character.

Mauve Butterfly wrote:
If ITE Euron uses a duplicate to save himself, the duplicate cannot be cancelled through a triggered effect since he is immune? I seem to recall that character abilities cannot be cancelled by a card that the character is immune to.

Again correct. You cannot cancel the character ability of an immune character with whatever they are immune to. The dupe save becomes a gained character ability (allowing a dupe to actually save a unique immune character), so the cancel protection holds.

Mauve Butterfly wrote:
Can Old Bear's Crow (e.g.) be moved to (or attached from discard to) a character that is immune to triggered effects?

And thus completes the trifecta of correctness (see, you don't need us!). Again, Old Bear's Crow neither targets nor directly affects the character the attachment jumps to, so it can jump to immune characters. This one is conceptually harder for a lot of people so ask yourself this: can an attachment removal effect like Weapons at the Door (which doesn't target or directly affect the character) knock attachments OFF of an immune character? Yes? Well, this is the same thing in reverse.