Senator and Orcz

By flervk, in Legacy Game Discussion

hm, just yesterday I found an old catalog (Spring 2004) which mentioned some games that are not discussed on the forum (or maybe I missed it), and I don't see them in shop.

those two looks interesting, I'm looking for something of a smaller scale (which don't require like 3 hours of setup, that is :) ; anyone has them?

I have Senator.

It didn't go over great with my group and has not been played in a long time, but it wasn't as bad as all that.

A couple of its issues were not really its fault, truly.

The theme was a bit "pasted on", as they say.

And the game was released during a big boom of boardgaming, and kind of got "lost" in the shuffle, you know?

I just replied yesterday to a post on the 'Geek's forums for Senator; someone claiming that Lang rewrote the rules altogether and that he (Lang) recommended that we scrap the rules in the box and use the new rules.

I'd love to find out how to get a copy of said rules.

I'd be more than happy and willing to give the game another try.

yes, i bought "orkz" yesterday.

the game looks easy and fast enough for being played within one evening, the rules are 4 pages, wich include many pictures.

but since the game is used, i first want to see if there is a "contents list" before playing it if it´s complete.

this is a bad habit, ffg! a game should contain a list of how many tokens are included.

They learned and include lists nowadays.