Question about last order card (& possibly: Anya miniature)

By XUR, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Hi friends :)

Sorry if this has been previously asked … can't seem to find an answer to this important question.

If my Cog only has one Order Card remaining, can he use it for its reaction ability ("Guard" obvioulsy being the only interesting option in this case), thus putting himself in the "Bleeding Out" state after this last burst ?

Will post my home-made Anya mini + emergency holes counters here anytime soon ;)

Please note that a CoG bleeds out only when he does not have enough cards in hand to be discarded when he takes damages; just having zero cards in hand does not mean that he is bleeding out. So you can play your last order card in hand, whether during your turn or as reaction on others' turns, and you are not considered bleeding out. You can draw two cards at the beginning of your next turn.

Angus Lee said:

Please note that a CoG bleeds out only when he does not have enough cards in hand to be discarded when he takes damages; just having zero cards in hand does not mean that he is bleeding out. So you can play your last order card in hand, whether during your turn or as reaction on others' turns, and you are not considered bleeding out. You can draw two cards at the beginning of your next turn.

Yup.

Having zero cards does not mean you're bleeding out, it simply means you can't do anything (defend, react, take damage, etc.). Only when your COG has to go into the "negatives" he's actually bleeding out.

Looking forward for the Anya mini.

Oh ! I wasn't expecting that answer at all … thanks for this crucial explanation, guys.

As promised, some pics of the Anya mini I converted. Hope this won't make the mods angry as it usually does ;)

I did this with our friend Coralie in mind, believing she would prefer to play her rather than a muscular, bad-ass looking marine … told us there was no way she would play " a frail little girl lost on the battlefield " !! -XD-

I used the monstruous looking Clix mini as a base for this … I started cleaning it with acetone, glued some cork shapes on the base, then altered the overall position. I molded the face and the Lanzor (sorry, Lancer ^^) using greenstuff and cut cute strands of hair out of a thin metal sheet.

a1-3f1a15a.jpg

Granted, some details remain to be painted (especially the face area), but I believe this is a good start :) - Realized that her right thigh segment was a bit long, had to shorten it once painted :(
a2-3f1a174.jpg

Here are some more pics of Cogs in situation …

I fancied using these funny Sarlaac-looking models to represent the E- holes. True, this is not how they look in the game, but they certainly look great on the board !

(poor Dom : " Why am I always the one to remain in the box now that they have a 5th choice ? ")

a3-3f1a18e.jpg

a6-3f1a1c3.jpg

Currently doing some attempts at making the setting more 3-dimensional, using elements cut from various games …

a4-3f1a1b2.jpg

a9-3f1a238.jpg

Ambushing a Berserker … risky business if there is !

a8-3f1a1d1.jpg

The Anya custom mini looks mighty good, and I'm quite envious of your basing skills. Good job!

Funny thing is, this neat texturing effect is quite simple to achieve (if you're talking about the one on Cole & Berserker)

You just need some Prince August -400- ( Mastic Plastique , as we call it here) and some bristol paper …

Start by slathering some on your base, and gently pat this putty with the paper to create the background texture.

Once dry, put some more on localized areas (but don't cover the whole base, the idea being to have the background texture still visible here and there), and flatten it using the paper as a trowel this time.

Trust me on this ^^

Thanks for bringing me to this page, XUR. Enjoyed having a gander at your work - it's giving me some inspiration (and hope!) in attempting some conversions with the heroclix myself, especially Raam. I'll be sure to refer back to your work for reference as I go. Cheers!

Edited by mr hulk