A Favorite

By Food Eater Lad, in Deadwood

I just thought I would drop you a line. I joined a board game group and we meet up every other week to, you guessed it, play boardgames. I brought Deadwood over and it was a hit. Since then, three others have purchased the game and its in heavy rotation on our nights out. Thanks.

John Bua said:

I just thought I would drop you a line. I joined a board game group and we meet up every other week to, you guessed it, play boardgames. I brought Deadwood over and it was a hit. Since then, three others have purchased the game and its in heavy rotation on our nights out. Thanks.

I didn't respond for a while due to the feeling that this was not an honest question, but a veiled insult. Its not my favorite, but its a hit with a group I meet with.

Its a quick play, light, and easy to understand with a bit of variation that makes it enjoyable. Sorry your group doesn't like it, and I don't see why you can't be happy that mine does like it.

Understandable, John. Yeah, he was being snarky at the least, f-ing rude at most. Maybe he didn't have time enough to explain fully due to it being his turn in "Simpson's Monopoly."

Our group, that has enjoyed Descent, Seasons, Planet Steam, Stone Age, Battlestar, Twilight Struggle and others, REALLY like this game. Enough that now 2 copies are in the group.

Thanks Sepayne71