A couple of questions as a first time player

By Spunky, in Relic

Hello. I played my first two games of Relic over the weekend. The game seemed… insaely hard but i'm sure experience will help! I have a couple of questions and can't find an FAQ to answer them.

1) What if you have active, a corruption card of value 3, with two flipped down cards, and you discard one of the flipped down cards. Does the active 3 remain active despite you not having 3 cards anymore?

2) Just to confirm, when using the relic that allows you to pull a power card and add the value to the bonus combat roll, this is not explodable as it's past the "battle roll step", correct?

3) In the experience phase, can you choose what thign you do in any order? For example, you may complete a mission, turn it in, get a new one that is the "have one of each kind of trophy" and complete again? (I can't remember the specific wording of the card, it maybe a non-problem as the card might say "At the end of the engagement phase").

4) Evading: Can the Callidus assassin evade all the Enemies on a tile and just resolve the Encounter and Asset?

I'm sure there are more questions that i've forgotten but 1) was the most important. Thanks!

Spunky said:

1) What if you have active, a corruption card of value 3, with two flipped down cards, and you discard one of the flipped down cards. Does the active 3 remain active despite you not having 3 cards anymore?

2) Just to confirm, when using the relic that allows you to pull a power card and add the value to the bonus combat roll, this is not explodable as it's past the "battle roll step", correct?

3) In the experience phase, can you choose what thign you do in any order? For example, you may complete a mission, turn it in, get a new one that is the "have one of each kind of trophy" and complete again? (I can't remember the specific wording of the card, it maybe a non-problem as the card might say "At the end of the engagement phase").

4) Evading: Can the Callidus assassin evade all the Enemies on a tile and just resolve the Encounter and Asset?

#1: Remains active, no freebies.

#2: Golden Armour of Lord Dominas reads: "At the start of the Determine Battle Score step…", so you either use it then or not at all.

#3: Can't recall is such a sequence is possible TBH, most Experience Phase Missions are "start of the Exp. Phase" and as such, always come first. However, rest of the Exp. Phase is ordered:

"A player resolves his Experience phase following these steps:

1. Spend Trophies
2. Manage Mission Cards
3. Discard Excess Cards" (p. 11)
With step 2 being cash in if possible, then draw a new Mission.
#4: Yes.

Thank you, one more question.

When a card says you can bring another player in to battle with you and add their "strength value", does this include assets or is it the pure strength value on the dial?

Only dial value, because assets that give a combat bonus can only be used by the active player.