Chaos Predators and other Chaos Vehicls!

By Koaer, in Black Crusade Game Masters

Hello again everyone!

So I was looking into adding vehicles to a campaign but aside from Demon Engines in the book of blood I have found little in the way of Chaos Armor. I did find Chaos Dreadnoughts on the Deathwatch books as well as the Space Marine Predator. This leaves me with two questions.

A: How well do things convert between games? As every game seems to have minor rule changes IE: The change to flame weapons in Black crusade vs Deathwatch and so on. How smoothly do you guys think such vehicles would Transfer over?

B: What sort of Modifications would go into changing a tank por say to Chaos? I mean it's a machine but when you corrupt its machine spirit dose it effect the vehicle? I need to do some research future as I am only vaguely familiar with the actual Army war hammer game, but how do the Imperial and Chaos Predator tanks vary?

For maximum simplicity if anyone actually has some Vehicle stat blocks that would be amazing! :D ! But simple tips and ideas would be nice.

Thanks a Ton,

Ko

IIRC Chaos and standard Predators are identical in the wargame, with the exception that the former can have Daemonic Possession (for which there are rules in Only War and I think in one of the DW books). At least as of last edition.

just about any of the vehicles from deathwatch, or only war, should transfer over fairly painlessly.

I mean it's a machine but when you corrupt its machine spirit dose it effect the vehicle? I need to do some research future as I am only vaguely familiar with the actual Army war hammer game, but how do the Imperial and Chaos Predator tanks vary?

Only very rare vehicles (like the land raider) have a machine spirit sophisticated enough for it to make much difference.

Chaos and Loyalist predators are functionally identical unless posessed (at which point they no longer have crew and are essentially just a daemon engine with tracks instead of legs).

Also, if you have Rites of Battle, note the chaos warhound titan. Much fun.

also with the vehicles for their standerd weapon like the tank barrol you could give it the properties of a daemon weapon