FAQ's for FFGWatson

By Maxim C. Gatling, in Rogue Trader

First off, I'm very excited about this new book coming out. I, like many of the other forum trolls, have a few questions we'd like answers to if you can pass them on, perhaps in an upcoming Designer's Journal or something.

The rest of you, please post whatever questions you have and maybe they'll get answered before RT actually hits the shelves. Mine have mostly to do with DH vs. RT.

Core Rules: How dissimilar will RT be to DH?

Will I be able to seamlessly transfer my players' DH characters into an RT setting?

I understand a "Ship Book" would be directly RT related, but other supplements (like Creatures Anathema) ...will they be for use with both games (and DeathWatch eventually)? I understand the need to make the RT book a "Whole game", but I think I speak for the majority who don't want to continually buy material already found in a DH book. We'd rather buy new material intended for both games (and all additional games set in the 40k genre).

How much support is FFG getting from GW? For example: any rumors on a DH or RT miniature kit(s)? Any chance they will make BFG minis more available?

If not, is there any discussion on GW letting FFG license it's own Wh40kRPG minis? Perhaps via Forge World even?

Personally I hope it is very compatible mainly as I plan to use this as a supplement for Dark Heresy, as I find the Inquisition a more interesting subject matter then Merchants in Space.

But I have read some books about Rogue Traders and it does have more of a grand space opera feel to it.

I just hope the new careers are compatible with Dark Heresy enough to use them for that game as well without fear of "power balance".

I share your hopes, Peacekeeper.

I like the background settings, but to me it's more important to have all the basics covered. The 40k universe is a big, big place and the more diversity of character backgrounds, equipment stats, rules etc. the less I have to make up from scratch when my players unavoidably want to pole-vault over the border into the realm of what is possible in 40k versus what the rules cover.

So, yeah. I'm hoping the Core Rules are for the most part identical, expanding upon rather than changing the DH rules.