Lake-Town Questions

By goblin981, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

I have a few questions about this scenario.

Firstly about Smaug. If the first player chooses to play him in his play area. The rules say he immediately attacks. So he attacks, then the players quest. Does he then attack again, in the usual battle phase?

My second question is about Smaug the Mighty. It says, " When revealed: Smaug the Mighty makes an immediate attack against each player." Does he then attack the first player again, before the players can quest?

If the answer to both questions are yes, it means that the first player could be attacked 3 times in one turn.

Finally, the quest card 3B says " Refresh action: Reset the quest deck to stage 2B." So if the players don't kill Smaug in the first turn they go back to 2B. Meaning they have to do at least 8 points of damage to him in one turn. Is that right? This makes it very hard.

goblin981 said:

I have a few questions about this scenario.

Firstly about Smaug. If the first player chooses to play him in his play area. The rules say he immediately attacks. So he attacks, then the players quest. Does he then attack again, in the usual battle phase?

My second question is about Smaug the Mighty. It says, " When revealed: Smaug the Mighty makes an immediate attack against each player." Does he then attack the first player again, before the players can quest?

If the answer to both questions are yes, it means that the first player could be attacked 3 times in one turn.

Finally, the quest card 3B says " Refresh action: Reset the quest deck to stage 2B." So if the players don't kill Smaug in the first turn they go back to 2B. Meaning they have to do at least 8 points of damage to him in one turn. Is that right? This makes it very hard.

The quest reset on Quest 3B is a refresh action . Page 23 of the core set rulebox states that "actions are always optional", so you can choose not to reset the quest if you want to remain on 3B. (The benefit of resetting is that you can remove some damage counters from Laketown if it gets burned enough to cause you to lose the game.)