I love Luke! If only unlocking him worked.

By Turbo5, in Elder Sign: Omens

One of my favorite characters. I'd have paid for just him as an expansion.

Too bad, then, that, every time I close the game after unlocking him, the game locks him again.

I mean: I very much enjoy playing ES:O, but I just don't have the endurance to play through the entirety of Pharaoh every time I feel like playing Luke.

Totally a bummer, especially because the same thing--unlocked characters re-locking--happened with the other expansions. What is it with you guys and this issue?

Can I ask for some strategy tips? I'm still struggling with the campaing…. I begun with 4 investigators (Jenny, Kate, Jim & Pete) and then reduced to 2 (Rita & kate)… Now I'm with 3, adding Jacqueline but I arrive, being lucky at the beginning of the 3rd. stage.

Saludos & thanks

Pablo

reborn said:

Can I ask for some strategy tips? I'm still struggling with the campaing…. I begun with 4 investigators (Jenny, Kate, Jim & Pete) and then reduced to 2 (Rita & kate)… Now I'm with 3, adding Jacqueline but I arrive, being lucky at the beginning of the 3rd. stage.

Saludos & thanks

Pablo

Getting allies and keeping them alive is key- they are essential when the lingering effects locking items kick in (note that the lingering effects lock the use of items, not what the items give you). The one who lets you gain the red die has been especially useful in my games, but they all have their uses. Don't ignore them in the first stage.

hey guys,

i have the same problem with Luke. i finished the pharaoh campaigm twice, but every time i logged out, Luke was gone.

i didn't finish ithaqua campaign yet, maybe thats the problem?

thx for the answer

cas.

casiliiy said:

hey guys,

i have the same problem with Luke. i finished the pharaoh campaigm twice, but every time i logged out, Luke was gone.

i didn't finish ithaqua campaign yet, maybe thats the problem?

thx for the answer

cas.

I received a note from FFG support indicating they're working on a fix for their next update, and that it will 're-unlock' Luke if you have successfully completed the campaign already. Hopefully it will be available soon, and it works how they want it to- not sure how they would be able to detect if you completed the campaign or not. Oddly enough, when I completed it my score wasn't good enough to make my top 10, but I now have 2 Hastur successes and 2 or 3 Tsatthogua's on there.

And, yes, I am in the same boat with Ithaqua- probably played it about 20-25 times, and though I've defeated him twice, it's never been 'perfect', so I have yet to unlock Wendy.

I have experienced the exact same bug, which is a little annoying considering it took me 6 or 7 times to beat the Dark Pharaoh quest. It's still easier than Ithaqua though! That one was a bear to get through perfectly. I've done it 2 or 3 times.

Use Jenny Barnes, Amanda, and the investigator who can change terrors into skulls. He comes in handy at the end. Build up a solid stash of items and trophies (and of course supplies), using the spinning wheel to build up if necessary. Make sure your investigators are at close to full health and sanity when going into the last area. It's tough, but Wendy is worth it! She's fragile, but easily my favorite investigator!

jigmelingpa said:

Use Jenny Barnes, Amanda, and the investigator who can change terrors into skulls. He comes in handy at the end. Build up a solid stash of items and trophies (and of course supplies), using the spinning wheel to build up if necessary. Make sure your investigators are at close to full health and sanity when going into the last area. It's tough, but Wendy is worth it! She's fragile, but easily my favorite investigator!

i did this (or something pretty similar), and it resulted in a very painful loss. I had completed the first 2 adventures of the final battle with no loss, and was using Mike the gangster (who changes terror to skulls) for the final battle, with 1 or 2 clues. After completing the first 2 tasks with no problem, I got 1 skull for the final task and was unable to get the damned 2nd skull on the 2 or 3 remaining dice, even with the clue. I really thought I had him that time. Ithaqua is just plain mean….

That's a tough loss, and bad luck. I hate when that happens. Keep plugging away though, and you'll get it eventually!

hey gyus,

i just updated the game to v. 1.3.1 and gues what.. i have Luke pillo

thx FF games

now my goal is to beat ithaqua.

cas.

Nice! The update isn't available on the US store yet…

Just downloaded and installed the update, and can confirm that it does indeed detect if you've previously unlocked Luke!