Thoughts on an Undivided supplement?

By Ferrix123, in Black Crusade

Hey guys, I'm a long time lurker on these forums, having come here multiple times during the day in my free time to look at reviews, previews of upcoming supplements,and check the houserules for my own use from time to time. Now, as I play Chaos in Warhammer 40,000 (Iron Warriors specifically, although my next army is definantly a word bearers force), so Black Crusade is my obvious favorite in my novice experience as a Role Player. Now I am unsure of what my fellow Chaos warlords think, but after the release the latest supplement, Tome of Excess, and the future release of the Nurgle book, I am at a loss for what is next. Perhaps more adventure books and the like? But it is my personal opinion that FFG will release a large Undivided supplement, filled with the legions that the God-specific releases did not cover and the like. I mean come on, they opened Pandora's box when they included rules for legions the the Tome(s) series, and they can't just shut it now. If the Nurgle book follows the same pattern as Tome of Excess, it will have three Nurgle archetypes (Plague marine amongst them), and one Unaligned. As we once thought that the Word Bearers were in Excess, yet we found out it was a Dark Apostle (characterisitc of Word Bearers, yet still not specifically Legion anymore), it may very well be a Warpsmith in the Nurgle book instead of the Iron Warriors many seem to think there are. This would leave the remaining undivided legions (Word Bearers, Black Legion, Iron Warriors) as archetypes not yet covered, perfect for an undivided supplement if one were to be published. I guess what I'm really asking is what do you think should be implemented in such a supplement. Including what I have stated above, I would like to see rules for legion interactions, opposed alignments within a compact, a warp talon, possessed(Or plain rules for daemonic possession), or rogue inquisitor archetype, some undivided beasts, npc's and the like, new daemon weapons and technologies, Rules for leading a Black Crusade (or maybe these could be included in another supplement, i have no idea what FFG has in store), and especially rules for Pre and During Heresy weapons and armor such as Volkite chargers, MK III Iron armor and Cataphractii terminator plate.

Technically there is not an Archetype for World Eaters - the Khorne Berserker is out, but like the Dark Apostle and the Noise Marine, it's not truly exclusive to one Legion. I think that it's fair to assume that non-specialized members of the World Eaters, Word Bearers, and Emperor's Children can be covered in the Champion/Chosen/Forsaken/Sorcerer set. Technically that could apply to the Death Guard too as the Archetype is likely to be Plague Marine rather than "Death Guard CSM".

What I'd love to see would be rules for playing a possessed character, a daemonhost (not the same as a possessed character), and possibly a daemon (maybe even post-Ascendancy on a timer - letting you play your newlt ascendant daemon prince for the remainder of a single Compact before he goes off to his daemonic retirement home).

I'm not sure about an undivided book, but I do predict we'll get a "high level/end game" sourcebook down the line. much like the DH book that moves the game up to playing an inqusitioner, or the upcoming death watch "vetern deathwatchers" sourcebook.

I don't necessarily think that Black Crusade needs more mechanical tools on the player end for high-level play, but rather on the GM end - more challenging enemies and tools for telling interesting 'endgame' kinds of stories. A book that covered that would be great.

Terraneaux said:

I don't necessarily think that Black Crusade needs more mechanical tools on the player end for high-level play, but rather on the GM end - more challenging enemies and tools for telling interesting 'endgame' kinds of stories. A book that covered that would be great.

which is more or less what I mean. obviously it will have things to appeal to players and be a good place to put some new and intresting archtypes. but likewise would need rules for GMs, for handling well.. large scale military campaigns, PCs who have completed their apothasis to a deamon prince.rules for vehicles, ((which'd mostly be reprinted with an oppertunity to add some chaos specific things) all sorts of things.

Heck rules for voidships would also be handy as rogue trader can certinly be adapted but there's some square pegs it'd be nice to see rounded off for BC specificly.

Seconding the desire to play as daemonhosts or posessed marines.

i also really hope for the endgame book, with rules for becoming a Dasmon Prince and launching your own crusade.

I think both is needed. A undivided supplement is needed because chaos undivided should also be a hard, but rewarding way of playing this game. In addition an own endgame book is needed to elevate the game to the next level options to play daemon prince / spawn and rules for large military campagins and strategies of corruption.

Further I would really like one or two adventure anthologies and maybe a multipart campaigne :D