Alternative vehicle for Mechanised Regiments

By Brocc013, in Only War House Rules

When i started my current campaign my group created a Mechanised Infantry Regiment, but at the time i only had 3 PC's (1 Sergeant, 1 Operator, and 1 Sanctioned Psyker) . Rather than have them issued with a Chimera i decided that the Departmento Munitorum would issue them with a more appropriate (lit: smaller) vehicle until there squad was back to full strength.

As a result I ransacked my Imperial Armour Books and came up with a the Vanaheim Centaur.

Since then I had another player join another Operator.

Vanaheim Pattern Centaur- Grenadier Variant

The Centaur is a small utility vehicle, used in a wide variety of roles- as a command squad transport, communications vehicle, supply vehicle towing trailers, but most commonly as an artillery tow foe field artillery guns and a transport for the gun's crew. The Centaur is not a front-line combat vehicle, although it does have limited armour protection against enemy shelling.

The Centaur has two crew as standard, a driver and a gunner, although many vehicles operate with just a single driver and rely on the passengers to man the gun. In addition to the crew, the Centaur can cram in up to six passengers.

The Centaur is usually armed with a single pintle-mounted heavy stubber. This weapon is often dismounted and used by the infantry for additional fire support, but most artillery crews retain the weapon as their best defence against a surprise enemy attack, especially as field artillery are usually required to operate close to the front. A Feature of the Centaur is its second weapons mount. Positioned in the forward hull next to the driver, a squad in transit can attach their special or heavy weapon here and continue to use it to protect the vehicle.

Centaurs are often issued to grenadier units as a battlefield transport, to get them close to their targets quickly. Because these Centaurs are deployed into the heart of a battle, and must face enemy fire in no-man's land, the grenadiers' Centaur has been adapted with additional armour plates. This armour gives the driver and passengers some extra protection especially against shrapnel.

Type: Tracked Vehicle Tactical Speed: 18m

Cruising Speed: 70kph Manoeuvrability: +10

Structural Integrity: 28 Size: Enormous

Armour: Front 27. Side 18, Rear 16

Vehicle Traits: Enhanced Motive Systems*¹,Open-Topped, Reinforced Armour, Tracked Vehicle

Crew: 1 Driver, 1 Gunner (pintle-mounted weapon)

Carrying Capacity: 6 Imperial Guardsmen plus wargear.

Weapons

Pintle-mounted Heavy Stubber (100m; -/-/8; 1d10+4 I; Pen 3: Clip 80; reload 2 Full

Special Rules

The Centaur's main feature is its twin engines, mounted in the track sponsons. For its size, the Centaur has a very powerful power pack, useful for towing very heavy loads, but when freed from this role the Centaur's engine means it can reach a top speed of 110kph on road and 70kph off road. This speed means it is well-liked by its crew, who rely on its speed to avoid enemy fire.

*¹When hitched to a trailer or field artillery the Centaur loses the benefit of the Enhanced Motive Systems vehicle trait.

Since then