Warhammer Online MMORPG Demo

By vermillian2, in UFS Off Topic

Yeah I know. Bad of me right? BUT its almost relevant because there is in fact two demo decks of UFS with the liscencing of the demo decks being that of Warhammer Online! OMG right? and stuff...

But Warhammer Online is now offering a demo of all of their Tier 1 content. Check out the fairest, rewarding (OMG you GET stuff for killing other players?!?) and most intense PvP capable MMORPG I've ever experienced. Yeah, there's ganking, but it feels... fairer somehow (thanks to the stat buff when you tread in to PvP areas).

Oh and the game has some interesting PvE content and twists on PvE worth checking out... (public quests).

I won't link the URL here, as that'd be like blatant advertising and I don't want to go there ya know?

In other news, any one else know of some solid PvP capable and rewarding MMOs for me to try out to compare WAR to? I'm becoming a bit of an MMO connoisseur ...

I'm surprised you haven't called me out on actually trying this seeing as I've made a few posts on their official forums. (Trust me, the username isn't that hard to find).

As far as PvP centric MMOs? None of the most recent ones did it right. Fury failed right out of the box, and AoC... well, less said about that, the better.

BTW: Tier 1 content is actually good, now I have no idea if the rest of the game is better, but Tier 1 content is good.

Tier 2 is about the same really. Except if you were doing much RvR, you were probably finding that battle point objectives were too easy to cap. I think a rank 10 could probably solo a point, and a warband could easily roll it in seconds. However, Tier 2 beefs up the battle feild objectives, requiring a full party of 6, probably rank 15+ to take (with need for multiples of certain aspects or your classic healer tank DPSs).. Now Keeps. Man oh man. Don't get me started. OK I'm started.

Keeps are guarded by many guards. All rank 18 dudes, so easy to take down. And a door. That takes a group of 12 probably 2 minutes to knock down if they bring a Ram (sold at warcamps). Above it is battlemets which the opposing faction can stand on and rain pain down on you, both with ranged attack stuff, go in and out of that big door freely, and use the melty pot of oil above the door, which attackers should probably take out before they get started with a Ram or door.

Inside more rank 18 Mobs, defenders (if any) and then upstairs inside the main room, The Lord of the Keep (rank 18 or so Hero) AND some rank 18 champs with him, and out on the battlements, a few more rank 18 champs. Two keeps in each racial pairing, each a bit different, with the ones in elf land freaking impossible to take. You need like 4 tanks to trade agg, seversal higher level healers doing some AoE heals and some fancy coordination of where you force the AI to attack you, and making sure someone doesn't pull agg from it away so that it respawns and regenerates... OMG its tough. If you're not organized it takes a full warband + to take her. Otherwise probably 6 full ranked people with a good plan could take her. Assuming there is no opposing faction around. OMG insane. But fun trying. :)

PM me your details but i'll post them here. Right now I'm playing on Iron Fist. Vcat, Vtankdwarf, Vheal, Vlay. Order. If you're destro lets send each other info of each other's moves or duel or something lol.

AIM Vermilliandude

Game on.

Well, I'm still on the trial (because of LAZINESS~ since I bought the game like... earlier today), and I'm planning on playing a bit tomorrow. Trials are on Monolith and Magnus, for those of you who're wondering.

I might roll Phoenix Throne and Ostermark if only because A) Cass is on those / B) I'm a little RP Teapot at heart.

As far as dueling strats go, I'm more of a sneaky "oh look at that here is 30 people to gank you that I have conveniently set you up for" guy than a straight up "YOU ARE ORDER, I AM DESTRUCTION. WE ARE ENEMIES!" type of person. Which MAY be why my first character was an Engie.

Don't roll Ostermark as its a dying RP server. Actually all servers are trial servers.

You gonna let someone score the 'sign a player up' bonus from you?!?

Email me alexandernjames at gmail.com or something if that's of interest to you. I'll kick back 5 bucks for your first month if you're interested.

vermillian said:

Don't roll Ostermark as its a dying RP server. Actually all servers are trial servers.

Meh the only reason I'd roll there is to play with him. Phoenix Throne is where it's at I hear.

Homme Chapeau said:

vermillian said:

Meh the only reason I'd roll there is to play with him. Phoenix Throne is where it's at I hear.

Phoenix Throne is where it is..

OK what am i rolling on pheonix throne? destruction or order!?! I want to play with people's I know IRL (kinda... i guess... :P )

vermillian said:

OK what am i rolling on pheonix throne? destruction or order!?! I want to play with people's I know IRL (kinda... i guess... :P )

I've rolled order I've got no idea what anyone else has rolled.

Morning Demon said:

vermillian said:

I've rolled order I've got no idea what anyone else has rolled.

Order.

don't roll Ostermark, outside of T4 it's dead as a doornail...

OK rolling order on Pheoniz Throne. Name will be something with a V. Probably Vhunter for a witch hunter. Add me to your friends or somthing... and yeah. Post your pheonix throne character names here.

holy crap all of them? That MIGHT take a while.

Holy crap! Minus some consistent way to get a hold of you in game.. yeah i guess so. :P

Well the two I'll be on the most are Saberne (WP) and Aldys (SM).

So like Hatman I'm stuck with a few...

Walsch Eckhart L40/R40 KotBS

Aelfeorwe Stormseeker L40/R43 WL

Baum 8/8 Engineer

Kanhuk 17-15 Slayer

And a few more low level tier 1 alts i was toying with.

Morning Demon said:

So like Hatman I'm stuck with a few...

Walsch Eckhart L40/R40 KotBS

Aelfeorwe Stormseeker L40/R43 WL

Baum 8/8 Engineer

Kanhuk 17-15 Slayer

And a few more low level tier 1 alts i was toying with.

Yeah I'm kinda the same except I JUST started so every single one is still in T1.

Vermillian is one of my characters so far on Pheonix THrone. Witch hunter. I hate elves. Be warned. :P

vermillian said:

Vermillian is one of my characters so far on Pheonix THrone. Witch hunter. I hate elves. Be warned. :P

Yah I noticed that, I figured "Hey WAIT A SECOND WAY TOO MUCH OF A COINCIDENCE!"

I'd have joined you for some RvR except I'm a total ***** when playing KotBS. Although at level 6 I've a decent Aura rotation to warrant playing it. That and I was talking to René over Skype so I wasn't concentrating.

I'm in the mix now. COME AND FIGHT! (I RvR starting from level 2 :) )

vermillian said:

I was going to sleep when I wrote that. Some of us are on the East Coast and work in the morning :)

Homme Chapeau said:

vermillian said:

I was going to sleep when I wrote that. Some of us are on the East Coast and work in the morning :)

Yeah most reasonable players start to pick up now.