Pyromancy Questions.

By Koaer, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Sorry if this has already been asked. Lagging a bit trying to search anything on the forums :/

Anyway. I am rolling a Sorcerer with the Pyromancy abilities. Non of them list a Pen rating at all.. Dose that mean it treats their fire like being set on fire and in turn ignore armor? How would such powers work verse a Tank or Plane if that is the case? I read something about the Machine trait armor bonus applying to fire but not normal armor. Any information that you may be able to share and perhaps a Page number as too where I missed the details would be nice. Thank you all soo much.

Ko.

I believe that most of the powers in that section are intended to have a Pen of 0, as per most of the Pyromancy powers in Only War having an explicit statement as such. If you set your target on fire, however, the continuous fire ignores armor just like it was normal fire.

That seems really underwhelming. If that is the case then Doombolt in general is just a more potent ability with no pre req. Or likewise the Telekenetic powers are just the same but superior. My inturpretation of it was that since it requires you to have an open flame your essencially moving that fire onto them which would count them as on fire. It seems odd that they would give it a Pen 0 and not list such… Then again the lack of clerification is odd unto itself for the whole set of powers.

Unaligned psychic powers are in general more powerful than the usual discipline powers. There's a reason folks turn to the Chaos Gods for power.

Hmm well no one seems to comment otherwise so <,< I guess they are just overall useless in comparson to their similar powers. *shrugs* Retoolin time.

Pyromancy powers ARE in most cases underwhelming. One of the few minor advantages is the fact that most of them doesn't have Concentration as a subtype, which means you can use pyromancy powers as a half action and a non-attack psychic power as another half action the same turn.

They also don't immediately reveal you as a chaos sorceror if you're infiltrating.

They set flammables on fire and thus can potentially destroy enormous areas.