retreating

By Kalahari2, in Battles of Westeros

When a commander without any figure is forced to retreat, nut doesnt fullfill the capture rate what happens?

According to the rules for every space a unit cannot retreat it must take a hit

so if the hero doesn't take enough hits to capture it, then nothing happens.

the hero survives.

I'm unsure about something also; my question is,

if the enemy unit doesn't suffer a hit but a morale flag was rolled instead, does the enemy unit still retreat or must it suffer a hit first? Because I play it as a hit must have landed first before unit retreats from a flag roll.

My second question, a unit always retreats towards their home table edge, but what happens when they're behind enemy lines? As in the units back is against the enemies table edge and the enemy unit that is forcing the retreat is blocking the direction to the home table edge. I assume this means automatic hit(s).

You should check out the new mandatory retreat rules that are in the FAQ found on the support site . Units no longer retreat to their board edge as a result of melee combat; they retreat away from the attack.

For your first question, hits and retreats are two separate things. Retreats can happen with or without hits made against the unit forced to retreat. Also, if you unit is unable to make the retreat it takes hits. This would include the board edge limiting their movement.

Thank you for the reply