Step It Up, Stat People!

By mdc273, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

mdc did i meet you at the atl regional or am i confusing you with someone else?

dcdennis said:

mdc did i meet you at the atl regional or am i confusing you with someone else?

You've met me twice. I'm 6'4", big forehead, brown hair, and skinny (175 lbs). Once (maybe twice) was in DC. I play Stark Bear Island usually. I was playing Stark Wildlings one of the times (I'm not the guy who did the To Be A Wolf shenanigans).

I doubt anyone would think I am mdc273 in real life unless they hung out with me regularly. Even Vaapad was like, "What are you doing?" the other day. He was telling me how he has to defend me to Bomb because I seem like a total jackass on the boards. I've just been around the block with all of this. I started playing Magic at 10 and started playing video games even earlier. I've played the original side-scrolling Duke Nukem off a floppy diskette, lol. I was a very successful raider in WoW and raid leader. I came up with the strategy to beat two of the most dynamic bosses in the game (Chromagus and Battleguard Satura) in vanilla WoW. The first time we downed Chromagus the regular raid leader had to take a phone call and we had the hardest combo possible. I lead the fight for the first time and we downed him.

I'm confident in myself and my analysis just from all of my experiences and don't particularly care what people think unless it's a good, logical, factual statement. When people express opinion as fact, I get irritated. When people express assumptions as fact, I get irritated. What I do on the forums is as much practice for my job as it is caring about this game. My job is basically to pick apart data sets and show client's where the holes are.

I've been told things I say can be tactless, but I've never been called tactless. I'm blunt more often than I should be. I can argue things endlessly because I want to know the correct answer and I hate cop outs.

Oh, I also like to tell people what I'm thinking. Did I mention that?

TL:DR - Yes we've met. I come off as a jackass because I'm confident in the things I say and have the experiences to back it up. I want to know the correct asnwer for everything.

Not all unicorns are magnificent. The passage of time and rarity of the unicorn has created a mental image of the unicorn that can sometimes far exceed what the average unicorn truly looks like.

Or, put simply, "no Dennis, I wasn't at the atl regional"

:)