Nightmare Decks

By Tetrapod, in The Lord of the Rings - Print on Demand

Where can i have some of those wonderfull red cards, the infamous nightmare decks. I read a lot about those, but in my town there isnt any organized play. So, anyone knows anywhere i could buy those over the internet? It should also send internationally since i live in Brazil.

according to FFG news, these will be available as Print on Demand products in the future. So you may wait for the official launch of these PoD, or look for the game night kits on eBay at the moment.

My friends and I tried a 3 player Escape from Dul Guldur. That did not go well at all.

My friends and I tried a 3 player Escape from Dul Guldur. That did not go well at all.

If you check it out my vidoes in youtube there is 2 decks which ones is able to win Dol-Gudor NM. Not easy at all but can.

3 players i never try......

Just some report. We play yesterday Hunt for Gollum NM. Very long game and we lost in the end....... Really hard and interesting. I really like this quest!!!! Massing and night is brutal with 3 player if there is no test of will.......

Really hard and interesting. I really like this quest!!!!

I think HFG-N is the easiest of all the Nightmare packs so far. I wouldn't even call it particularly harder than some of the standard quests. What it IS though is a massive improvement in all ways to the original. The quest is a billion times more interesting and just cooler in every respect. One of my fav nightmare decks so far and a must buy imo for all players.

Really hard and interesting. I really like this quest!!!!

I think HFG-N is the easiest of all the Nightmare packs so far. I wouldn't even call it particularly harder than some of the standard quests. What it IS though is a massive improvement in all ways to the original. The quest is a billion times more interesting and just cooler in every respect. One of my fav nightmare decks so far and a must buy imo for all players.

I cannot say is easy one……Yes for solo is much more easier but try 3 or 4 players you will see…...

We done Carrock NM with 2 players…we won but it was very close.

Also very good improve compare to normal mode. Trolls a deadly nasty and the last 2 heads one really bad boy. Time for Supper remove my Caldara from Discard pile and heal 10 points of damage from on of the troll. Very plain full! We did it is take 2 hours and i cannot say it was easy….. We are quite experience players for other card games more then 10 years and use very powerful decks as well. Our brain was boil for combo card playing decisions we done…..cool i never feel lotr like that before. It was almost like you have alive player play encounter deck against us. Good designers job! Cannot wait for other NM packs. Is the best product for the game now in my opinion...

Also i really hope for Kazad-Dum NM……..should be awesome…..and all second cycle as well…...

But now they jump to the Hobbit. But is also good…….. Hobbits compaign NMode tournament can be really cool! And just play home with friends and have a really epic journey full of dangerous that what NM brings…….

The NM really bring feelings of the Middle earth….. is not a walk in the park any more…...

Enemies a deadly (as they should to be) and every round you must play your powerful decks with full power. IS like a Magic tournament feeling! Now with NM Lotr lcv is proper Tolkien game. As Middle Earth ccg or Lotr tcg.

We need more NM cards please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you like them. Make a new video of HfGNM or CatCNM please.

Glad to see you like them. Make a new video of HfGNM or CatCNM please.

yes I will do for sure.... now a bit delay with new videos, very busy with my work

Just played Nightmare Conflict at the Carrock and it was epic. Took my powerful two doomed decks (Glorfindel, Grima, Aragorn & Eomer, Legolas, Imrahil). I built up my forces for 5 rounds and then dropped both deck's threat to starting level (via Aragorn & Desperate Alliance) and then took down the four nasty trolls. It was not easy.

I defeated all four unique trolls and then set up stage 3 with Rob/Bob alone with a Savage Hill Troll and Hill Troll (I already killed all of them but these two). It was very interesting and funny because I actually used Hill Troll's forced effect (raise threat from excess damage) to my advantage by forcing the Grima deck to threat out after it attacked so that Rob/Bob did leave the side of the Eomer deck and make a second attack. This forced Rob/Bob to stay where he was and allowed me to kill it with Gandalf (sneak attack), Imrahil, Legolas, and Eomer who was attacking for 7 by himself (Grave Cairn gave him another 2 attack from a fallen Westfold Outrider). It was really close (next turn I would have been slaughtered by all three trolls!).

I really, really enjoyed my experience. I have never had to think so much and take so much time to plan and strategize my every move, especially the final round in having to intentionally sacrifice one player in order to win. Thank you FFG for putting this nightmare set together. It really made for an exhausting challenge. I am looking forward to more nightmare decks in the future. I just wish these came with the original game so we don't have to spend all this money for them. I am thankful for what they did with easy mode, but I wish they could do the same for nightmare mode (put a red color ring on ones to put in for nightmare challenge).

I got a Emin Muil Dead Marches And Return to Mirkwood Nmode. To be honest EM and DM is not so good……….RTM very cool and thematic and very difficult as well. But EM and DM is better then normal but still not as good as other Nmode quest. For solo at least….. But in coop is more interesting for sure!