Mono-Neutral Faction Deck possible?

By Juniper_Thornrose, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

Greetings all,

I am just getting started with Call of Cthulhu LCG and was wondering, can you make a Mono-Neutral Faction deck that could succeed? I always like to be a bit different. Thank you for any help.

Bob_no_Oni

Bob_no_Oni said:

Greetings all,

I am just getting started with Call of Cthulhu LCG and was wondering, can you make a Mono-Neutral Faction deck that could succeed? I always like to be a bit different. Thank you for any help.

Bob_no_Oni

Well, I've been pondering about the same question for a bit of time. It depends a bit on the direction you want to give to the deck, also: I would first try rush, since it is a bit more easy to have some consistency, especially using only one "faction".

I don't know if it would be entirely possible (from a tournament viability point of view) but a starting point for test would be something like this, for me:

3 Descendant of Eibon (restricted: might become the rats if you see that you need at least some removal)

3 Alaskan Sledge Dog

2/3 Granny Orne (good against Hastur lunatics)

3 Julia Brown, insomniac (investigation, potential skill boost, self replace)

3 Mentor To Vaughn

3 Prepared Alienist

3 Slime Mold (2, skill 2, good icons)

2/3 Student of the profane (might be good against Shub reductions)

3 The Claret Knight

2/3 The Red Gloved Man

These are around 30 Cards. I would throw in Marcus + ICe Shaft for sure, since it is one of the few removal you can afford in the neutral department.

After this, it is just a matter of choices: you could go for the Conspiracy route (Crazy Eddie, Ol lazy eyes, The red gloved Man) + political demonstration and try to keep the costs low (it would probably means adding Dabbler in the unknown as another cost 1 character): a good domain setup, anyway, would require at least 3-3-1.

Or you could go for the "big guys" route: Broken Space, Broken Time and add Nyarlatothep, Er'nrawr, Nodens and probably Tzulscha.

Then, if you allow some non neutral cards, Master of the Myths and/or the dogs and/or Snow Graves, might help.

Actually, looking at it in a structured way, it looks like there is something going on hereā€¦I might even try and build it, to play it tomorrow in my playtest session. If I manage, I'll write down a small report here.

cheers

Konx

Also throw in Hall of Champions with Mage KA Magnus, Mentor, Descendant.