Dominion Techniques, creation and execution.

By guest461286, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Another question about Ki techniques:

1) When I execute a Dominion Technique do I lose the excess points of Ki from the characteristics used by that technique or all accumulated Ki points, even from characteristics not relevant to that technique? How do you exhaust Ki points? Somewhere in the rulebook states that you regain lost ki points 1 per hour or double if you meditate.How have you lost those points?

2) How do I create a technique Long Distance Attack with range 300 f. like in the last example in page 98 box IX ? I ask this because the table in page 103 for Long Distance Attack goes from 150 f. to 800 f. with nothing in between.

Thanks for the support!

1) when you accumulate Ki you can choose which characteristics you accumulate for. If a technique only requires Ki from STR, DEX, and CON, then you can chose to only accumulate points from those characteristics and not from any of the others, so that you don't have excess points. You lose points when you spend them on abilities or techniques. You exhaust them if you spend them all.

2) In Dominus Exxet they added a 300 feet option to Long Distance Attack.

So if I have ki accumulation as follows: Str 2, Dex 1, Con 2, Ag 1, Pow 1, Will 1 and I accumulate Ki for three turns can I accumulate in all characteristics every turn? And if I use a technique that uses 4 Ki points from Str only,(I have accumulated 6), I will lose after the execution the 2 excess points of Str Ki and all the other Ki points from the other characteristics also?

Yes, you can chose to accumulate Ki from all your characteristics as once in a round if you like, or only one, or any combination of them. When you perform a technique, the Ki points for the cost of the technique are spent, and any excess points go back into your Ki pool and need to e accumulated again to e used. So for your example the 4 from STR for the technique would be spent, and the other 2 as well as any other points accumulated that weren't used for the technique go back into your Ki pool, ready to be accumulated again.

So the Ki points that I have in each characteristic counts as a limit to how many ki I can accmulate in that particular characteristic,right?

For example, I have 8 Str so I have 8 Ki and an accumulation of 1. The maximum number of ki points for Str that I can accumulate is 8 and I need 8 turns to reach that maximum,I can not gather more Ki in that characteristic than 8.

I can not understand the rule of spent Ki and the Ki recovery rule because I never have Ki minimum in my body I will always need to accumulate Ki.

Sorry for bothering you but can you please explain to me how the Ki works?I know that maybe is very easy at last but I just can't seem to understand much.

Thanks in advance!

The maximum amount of Ki you can accumulate for each characteristic really depends on why system of Ki points you are using, but by the ounces of it you don't have Dominus Exxet, so I won't confuse you with the Generic Ki pool rules.

But if you have a STR Ki pool of 8 and STR Ki accumulation of 1 then the maximum STR Ki you could accumulate is 8 and it would take 8 turns.

I don't honestly get what is so hard about spending Ki points. If you used a technique that cost 4 STR Ki points, then it would take 4 turns to accumulate that amount of STR Ki and once the technique is executed those 4 Ki points would be spent, meaning your STR Ki pool would be reduced by 4 points and would need to be recovered using the Ki recovery rules. If you can't understand the recovery rules because you have never had missing Ki points then it is because you haven't been using the rules properly, and to clarify, in every one of my answers, when I have used the word "sent" or "spend" in relation to Ki points, that means that you lose those Ki points and they must be recovered.

Thanks for responding so quickly!

I just can't understand the use of the Ki recovery rule since I can use the Accumulate Ki to recover and gather Ki points.

You can only accumulate points you actually have , when you spend points on performing techniques or abilities you lose those points and cannot accumulate them again until they have been recovered. I will say it another way, accumulating in no way what so every restores points, if you spend all your points from any characteristic then you have to wait until you recover them before you can accumulate or spend them again.

So if I have 8 Str, 8 Ki points and 1 accumulation and in battle I accumulated 4 points of Ki and used a 4 Ki technique then the maximum number of Ki that remains in that characteristic and I can accumulate before recovering again is 4 Ki points?

So, the 8 Ki points in the characteristic is the pool, with the accumulation I draw some Ki points of that pool and the pool dries until I recover it by the recovery Ki rules 1 per hour and meditating?

Yes, yes, oh my god yes! That was incredibly painful but it sounds like you now get it.

Yeah!!! Thank you!

You are a very good teacher with a lot of patience!

No problem, I try to do the best I can with helping people. And teaching is made reasonably easy when you have read every word in every book available in both English and Spanish. Also helps that I have somehow committed most of it to memory.