Unending Horde vs Volkmar

By Virgo, in Warhammer Invasion Rules Questions

Orc unit leaves play, what happens?

Depending who is the active player, from FAQ:

A. After a Trigger Condition

1. Resolve triggered Constant Effects (all effects exist independently of their source)

-Active player resolves his effects in any order of his choice [Go to C ]

-Next player resolves his effects in any order of his choice, etc. [Go to C ]

I thought so at first, but some people say that Horde (If your [Orc] unit would leave play) works before Volkmar (If a unit would enter its owner’s discard pile or return to its owner’s hand from play).
Mallumo/Entropy?

mmmh… because a unit, first “leaves play” and then “enters in discard pile or return to hand", maybe they have reason…

Some time ago I asked Caleb about the timing when I have a Dwarf Ranger in play, and a Dwarf unit with Great Book of Grudges attached leaves play, if the Ranger's effect triggers first, and then the Book's, because you break it down into the unit leaves play, this triggers effects, and then it enters the discard pile, and this triggers effects too. Here's what he said:

There is no timing difference between "leaving play" and "entering the discard pile" in this situation. I know it sounds like "leaving play" should come first, but that implies a card state somewhere between "in play" and "entering the discard pile" that does not exist in the game. So, in this case the Great Book of Grudges would trigger first because it is a constant effect, and then the Dwarf Ranger would trigger his Forced effect.

Based on this, since Volkmar's and the Horde's effects are both constants, I'd say it indeed depends on who is the active player.

I know it sounds like "leaving play" should come first, but that implies a card state somewhere between "in play" and "entering the discard pile" that does not exist in the game.

Exactly my thoughts, thanks Mallumo.

well, this clears up any doubt, my first consideration was right. Thank Mallumo.