Bran+Plots within Plots

By Old Ben, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

staton_70:

Does 5KE Bran only stop you from revealing a new plot via the actual revealing of plots, or does he stop you from revealing any new plots at all in the plot phase? Pretty much, I have to use Bran as soon as the Plot Phase begins, but after I use him, but before Plots are revealed, can I Plots Within Plots Outfox in, and then reveal a new one per Bran in the Draw Phase?

Ktom:

The text on Bran says "After the plot phase begins, kneel Bran Stark to not reveal a new plot card that phase." You could interpret that either way; you don't reveal a new plot for the framework action or you cannot reveal plots in that plot phase period.

Personally, I would follow the precedent on DotN, which is specifically ruled to only work (and be able to Respond to) your framework draw, not to every draw effect that could be triggered in the Draw phase. That is, if you play a Massing in the Draw phase, you get all 3 cards (and cannot trigger the Response) despite the Agenda's wording about drawing 1 fewer card during the draw phase and Responding after you draw cards in the draw phase seeming to apply to any action that draws cards.

So yeah, I'd say that you can play Plots Within Plots after triggering Bran to reveal a plot card that will not be replaced (or factor into your initiative count) when other players reveal plots. That plot would then get replaced at the beginning of Draw.

staton_70:

K. Thanks Ktom. I was thinking you could also because of the DotN thing, but figured a second opinion is never a bad thing.