So what´s your hunch?

By Nerdmeister, in Android

I´ve just finished reading the rules for this game (which I´m much looking forward to playing btw), and I´ve got a question.

While it plainly states that Raymond´s memory cards are not considered a "normal" part of a players hand and are to remain secret under all circumstances, it is not specified which category the hunch cards fall under.

If they are part of the "normal hand" that would mean people can peek at them by using Jimmy the Snitch which does seem a bit wrong to me.

Or is it that you can look at other peoples hunch cards with specific effects (such as those generated by twilight cards perhaps?)?

Or is it simply that hunch cards fall under the special rule that they can never be looked at and, much as Raymond´s memory cards, simply remain a secret until the game is over and it´s time to tally the VP´s?

They are a secret untill the end of the game, where it is revealed for purpose of scoring.. ;)

Thanks I thought as much but it doesn´t explicitly say in the rules (maybe FFG thought it was so obvious as not to be necessary ^^)

No it's things like this people like you notice that are in my opinion FFG's only real weakness. Not that anyone will read this, but it's posts like this that show how experienced players can need clarification on things that newbies will never go online to ask. I hope FFG addresses that aspect of their rules. Android isn't their highest rated game, but I have a fondness in my heart for cooperatives, and the rulebook in this one could have been reorganized for greater clarity. I kept thinking, man, only my love of Bladerunner would pull me through this if I weren't such a systems geek. I put down games that I know I can't ask some of my friends to read the rules for and really expect them to know how to play through to the end. A basic cap and summary outline would work well here.

Nerdmeister said:

While it plainly states that Raymond´s memory cards are not considered a "normal" part of a players hand and are to remain secret under all circumstances, it is not specified which category the hunch cards fall under.

If they are part of the "normal hand" that would mean people can peek at them by using Jimmy the Snitch which does seem a bit wrong to me.

Or is it that you can look at other peoples hunch cards with specific effects (such as those generated by twilight cards perhaps?)?

Or is it simply that hunch cards fall under the special rule that they can never be looked at and, much as Raymond´s memory cards, simply remain a secret until the game is over and it´s time to tally the VP´s?

Page 10 of the rules: 8. Deal Out Hunches: ''Players should be very careful not to let other players see their hunches".

Admittedly, while it does not specifically say that these cards can never be looked at by other players, it is pretty obvious that they are meant to be kept secret.

Pulsar said:

... I have a fondness in my heart for cooperatives ...

Android is not intended to be a co-operative game. The rules make it clear that it is competetive from the outset and confirm that there is ONE winner.