Rogue Trader ability

By SnowcatAssassin, in Relic

Is it as potentially broken as I think it is? If I'm understanding this correctly, could you theoretically not move at all by playing a power card for it's numerical value? Since you are not required to use all of your movement points when you do that, doesn't that mean you could just not use any?

No, you must always move at least one space per turn. The only exception to that is if you're teleporting somewhere.(Then you're not actually spending movement points), or if you miss a turn or are forced to end a turn prematurely, then you remain where you are. In the latter case you just skip your entire turn, can't do anything.

It's a basic movement rule in Talisman, and Relic as well.

Ha, good to know. I think it still has potential to be a little overpowered, but all of the characters have one ability that seems that way. Rogue Trader by far has been the character I have had the most fun with.

I've always played it the other way, I have to say, that zero movement is an option. Can we find the rule (in Relic not Talisman) that says you can't do this?

Likewise I'd say that the Ordo Malleus Inquisitor could move to his current space if it has enemy threats in it using his special movement ability.

Also not sure why this would be considered overpowered, considering it takes a power card to pull off. The most powerful use I can see would be remaining on a corner square, but thats rarely worth a power card.

"During the Movement phase, the active player must move to a new space. He cannot remain on his space, even if it contains a Threat card." (p. 8)