Expantion to Relic?

By s1r_70nk, in Relic

I really hope an expantion is made for this game. I would like to see more of the characters from 40k Universe brought into this game.

For example: Relic: Heros of Astartes. The expantion would include 5 new charcters unquie mission cards, New Quest Cards, and more threat cards for each threat deck. The 5 new characters would be Marneus Calgar Of Ultramarine, Vul'Kan He'stan of Salamanders, Pedro Kantor of Crimson Fist, Khan Jubal of White Scares, and Raven Gaurd Shadow Captain Aremis Koryn.

I think this would be really cool since Vul'Kan He'stan is lore is that he is already hunting down relics of Vul'kan. So every time the Vul'kan player completes enough missions to gain a relic, He would simply gain a Relic of Vul'kan, with would be a unquie effect for him. Something similar for Calgar, that either he gets to roll two dice instead of one for skill checks and attack rolls or he gets to re-roll a failed skilled check or attack roll. Pedro could have something like if you are in the same area as him you can add his cunning to your attack roll. Khan Jubal gets to roll two dice instead of one during his movement phase.

Thoughts?

To containing this discussion, In Relic your major threat is the daemons of chaos. If another Relic is done it would be cool to see Necrons as the main threat. Ideas for some of the main quest, Rising of the Tomb world (Stop the Necron Overlord from Rasing a Monolith), Wrath of the Storm Lord (fight Imotekh the Lord of Storm), and The Travelier (track down Anrakyr the Traveler).

Also, in this expantion or sequal, new hero characters. For example, Tau XV8 Battlesuit Commander, Blood Angles Death Company Assault marine, Dark Angles Deathwing Terminator, Ravengaurd Captain on a bike, Grey Knight Paladin , Impiral Gaurd cadian kaskrin, Space Marine Master of the Forge, Sister of battle Repentia, and Wolf Gaurd.

It would be cool to see some Chaos playable characters that aren't 100% corrupted and lost (maybe a Night Lord like Talos, Ahriman, etc…). There would need to be more neutral corner spaces, or make them a bad space for chaos players to encounter. Chaos players could attack those loyal to the throne when they land on the same space.

It would also be cool if corrupted players weren't removed from the game, and maybe they just took movement turns (with that player still starting a new character). If they land on the space of a non-corrupted player they would battle.

That would be pretty interesting. I would not worry about making an entire board for PVP an expantion with new character and new Quest card that would revolve around PVP. You could test this ability out by doing a custom mission as followed:

During your Experiation phase, if you are in the same space as another player, instead of drawing a threat card you will must challenge the other player (Challenges can not be evaded). To determine the skill to be used for the battle, use the color of the threat icon on the space where the two players have meet. (if there is not a color, roll 1 dice, 1-2 is a strength battle, 3-4 is a Willpower battle, and 5-6 is a Cunning battle) Follow normal combar rules from here.

The winner of this battle will recieve Trophy points equal to the number of Skill points use in the battle. The loser loses 1 life point. After each successful, challenge who won places a character token in middle. Once a Character reaches the center of the board, count the number of character tokens. The player with the most character tokens wins the game.

Small veration to this can be that before the challenge each player must wager x number of inflitations, an asset, or relic on the challenge. The loser will submite the wagered to the winner as well as the loser losing 1 life point.

Thoughts?

I like this idea, somewhat.

I don't think it needs to be the specific chapter heroes, after all they picked "ultramarine captain" not Cato Sicarius for the first marine.

5 different chapters with different themes would be cool though, for example

• Blood angels assault captain
  • Wolf Guard Lord
  • Iron hands master of the Forge
  • Salamanders Chaplain
  • Imperial Fist Librarian.

Some variety in chapter, and role would be neat.

I would like to see playable Xeno characters like a Tau Fire Warrior, Ork Mek, Dark Eldar Incubi, and Eldar Far Seer. But something like this might require specific mission and wargear cards for those characters to fit within their themes.

I think we can expect to see new scenarios and board expansions for sure in the future though.