Cancelling a dark card

By MightySchoop, in Android

This came up in a recent game and I couldn't find an answer in the rule book.

Several characters have plots that give them bad baggage each time a dark card is played on them. They also have light cards that cancel the effect of the dark card. Do they still get the bad baggage?

I don't recall seeing an answer anywhere in the rules, but I would rule that if the dark card is discarded without effect, then the added plot effect of the bad baggage would likewise be negated (especially since I don't think everyone has cards that can negate dark cards--it's therefore a little extra plot protection those characters enjoy).

bcwMD I agree that if you cancel a dark card played at you it will not give you bad baggage, however you are then still open for attacks in that move, or start segment.. As none have been played on you yet.. ;)

In a game where I was playing Louis, I had the plot card that gave him one good baggage each time he plays a light card and gains one bad baggage each time a dark card is played on him.

When someone played a dark card on my, I countered it with a light card. So, no bad baggage, since the dark card didn't get played, but I got the good baggage by using the light card.

Tsugo -- That's exactly the situation that came up, except with Rachel as the target, not Louis.