Unnatural Aim and Telekine weapons….

By Ravnoc:Haunter, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I have a question regarding the obscure and unspecified situation of using the power Unnatural Aim, and thrown melee weapons. Unnatural Aim states: "Before the end of your next turn, any ranged attacks you make recieve a +30 bonus" Does this power apply ONLY to ranged attacks using the Ballistics Skill, OR does it also apply to "ranged attacks" used by certain melee weapons, (namely knives and kineblades), which specifically say to use the characters Weapon Skill instead? The verdict of this discussion determines how I will build my Imperial Void Born Dark Holder Living Nightmare Psyker. Thank you.

You can use an Aim action with thrown weapons. From the Core Rulebook, pg 192:

"Aim: You may take extra time to set up a melee or ranged attack to increase the chance to hit."

With that in mind, I would say that a thrown weapon counts as a ranged attack and is influenced by the Aim action, which is basically what Unnatural Aim is.

True, but MOST thrown weapons require a Ballistics Skill Test. Im wondering if Unnatural Aim still applies to a thrown weapon, like kineblades, that still use the Weapons Skill even when "thrown"

Given that there's no indication in Unnatural Aim that it applies only to Ballistic Skill, I fail to see how this is a question at all.

Ravnoc:Haunter said:

I have a question regarding the obscure and unspecified situation of using the power Unnatural Aim, and thrown melee weapons. Unnatural Aim states: "Before the end of your next turn, any ranged attacks you make recieve a +30 bonus" Does this power apply ONLY to ranged attacks using the Ballistics Skill, OR does it also apply to "ranged attacks" used by certain melee weapons, (namely knives and kineblades), which specifically say to use the characters Weapon Skill instead? The verdict of this discussion determines how I will build my Imperial Void Born Dark Holder Living Nightmare Psyker. Thank you.

?? where does it say that throwing knives use Weapon Skill?

if so I am much more deadly with my thrown knives