How to run demo games/events?

By bitva, in Warhammer Invasion Community

I would like to get people to play this game. Rather than copping out and complaining there are no players and getting out of a great game, I want to wave the flag of WH:I and get people try their hand at it and have actual experience by which to judge the game.

My FLGS is willing to host such demo events, and told me to mention them and their account with FFG when I ask for demo copies/materials. I can't seem to figure out how to officially make this request, and seems the FLGS will have to make the request themselves. If they do that, does FFG appoint an official demo guy and send him to the store, or do they allow or rely on local players to demo the game?

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

In my experience FFG relys on local players to demo games. If you are running a demo at an event FFG may send you something from their bang and dent collection if they have something that fits, but I've never received any WHI. I they did send me a poster to make a sign from when I started.

One thing my group did when we were getting started was set up demos at local conventions and special gaming events to try and build interest and find people that may be already be playing. Most conventions will give you free admission for volunteering to demo games so this was a win/win!

The sign is key when setting up demos. It will be the initial draw to get people to approach the table. We also had some cheap business cards printed at vistaprint with information about when and where we played and a link to our meetup site. This gave them an easy way to find us and play again if they enjoyed the game.

If I were you I would find at least one other person that really like the game and set up a regular meetup at first and then do a demo so you can tell the newly interested people when and where you play!