The Wall

By Whitefro, in A Game of Thrones LCG

All in all it was just another Baratheon in the wall…

So I am wondering would the Baratheon version of the wall make baratheon characters trigger castle black when I play them from my hand. I was wanting to make a Baratheon Night's Watch deck centered around the north agenda's, but I'm running into too many problems. So now I'm thinking of switching over to HoD, but I need to figure out if the Wall only make's baratheon characters in play have the night's watch trait or is it at all times (The specific question is: would a baratheon character trigger castle black and then make the next night's watch character, which would potentially be another baratheon character cost one less?).

Hey Craster, Leave them kids alone…

I've looked through the rules and the faq again to see if I could find something I may have missed, but I still haven't had luck with this particular problem. So I'm going to try to refine my question a little bit.

Let's start with the location in question, The Wall. If it is winter, your baratheon characters gain the night's watch trait and do not kneel to defend.

I think the simple version of what I'm asking is: where are baratheon characters considered to gain the night's watch trait. My gut says only if they're in play, but does that gained trait extend to out of play areas (deck, dead/discard piles, and hand)?

Correct, it only affects characters in play (buf it's a constant effect, so it affects them as soon as they enter play, before any passives/reponses to them coming into play are triggered). The frequent example of this (so frequent it's in the FAQ) is Winterfell Castle/Dreadfort. All cards only affect other cards in play unless specifically stated otherwise.

As for castle black, since it's a response you can trigger it after playing a Bara character that is now a night's watch, but it'll only reduce the next card you play from your hand if it already has the night's watch trait.

For future reference, you're better off posting questions like these in the rules forums, which is checked more regularly.

Thanks for the clarification