Insta-travel from outer tier to entrance to inner tier??

By Chaos Theory2, in Relic

So, fun game first of all, but I think there are too many uber-powerful "wildcards" in play that kind of make the game unbalanced… I was playing today and one of my opponents had a card (not sure if it was a mission card or power card) that said something, instead of a normal movement, like "you may move to any space in either the outer or middle tier that has a threat card". He then went from the outter tier nowhere near a corner, entered the middle tier (for free) and landed right outside the entrance to the inner tier. His next turn he was able to begin the final guantlet run already! To me this is a bit too much of a jump, but I'm wondering if we read that correctly?

I think it's a Relic, so there is 1/9 chance of getting it when you cash in your Missions the first time. And travel from outer to middle tier for free isn't as great as you make it out to be, you still need to get your attributes and level up to a point where you can handle the inner tier. Inquisitor already starts with the ability to jump to any threat card space on his tier.

To me, it gives a huge advantage to the player with that ability/relic-- in fact a bit too much IMO. Everyone is still building up in the middle tier and has to roll to get to the middle, whereas the guy with that ability/card can get fat in the outter tier all day. Then *poof* with no warning he's in the middle tier and entering the final run. There should be a delay between tiers to tell everyone else in the middle tier that "hey, this guy's coming, if you can get in your turn, you'd better do it." (On a side note, why in the hell can't I "enter" to move to a new line in this forum?? My only choice is a wall of text?)

Dam said:

I Inquisitor already starts with the ability to jump to any threat card space on his tier.

Most of the time, by the time you have your Relic, you should be able to hold your own on the middle tier as is, so you should be there already, thus the tier-jumping becomes less of an issue. As for getting to the middle from outside, Power cards, Power cards, Power cards. No need to roll exactly to reach a corner, just "roll" the number you need (only Psyker needs to roll).

Doesn't seem all that powerful to me. I mean for one if it's a relic then they're sacrificing getting many other great bonuses (my favorite being not having to spend all of my movement) such as more efficency in combat which can be huge depending on whats in the middle. Not to mention as Dam said, power cards kind of make this just a "meh" ability as you usually can quite easily get to the middle teir by the time you've worked up enough power to gain a relic.

Yep, Ancient Orrery (don't have to spend all your movement points) is just sick for camping in the 2-3-2 spaces on the middle tier, drawing a TON of cards and gaining a ton of trophies very, very quickly, all very likely to be testing an attribute that your highest. I can see Bones of a Fallen Saint being awesome against Corruptis, since not only do you gain more corruption than normal games, they also hinder you in the confrontation, except by the time you've gone through the inner tier, you'll have removed at least 3 of them.

If you are playing and endting encouter at the center that just lets you win, I can see how you may feel it is a bit too powerful. I mean the inner tier isn't that hard with loosing life, so if you can get a high life you can make a run.

If there are any of the other endings at the top, then you really need to level to over come them.

(Plus I feel getting a relic to let you move to a threat card isn't too powerful)