Sergeant Victory

By KmdrDave, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

After looking over the new Campaign Book: Icarus I cannot help but be disappointed with the Allies new "Superhuman". I just think he is not even worth spending the points on. Sure he might be good in combination with a vehicle but in all honesty he should be more impressive on his own. As for his armaments, I have to say, huh? A pair of VK Enriched 1911's is the best the Allies could come up with? Why not give him something with a little more punch. Speaking of punch, how is it that his "Sucker Punch & Headbutt" can damage a Armor 3 Aircraft (Heavily Armored Aircraft according to the CR) but cannot even punch through a Armor 1 Vehicle (Softskin vehicles, like a Truck according to the CR)? The stats don't make sense within the explanation of armor values in the Core Rules.

Agreed. He is sorta lame. Not worth the points; not worth getting the $45 Tactics expansion.

Put him in an Air Drop Fireball, then hop out and activate. Then the squad inside can do something too.

Expensive investment, but those pistols are gross and he can be in your opponent's face and flying on turn 1. That has potential.

Still not worth the points. He costs as much as Rhino and Ozz combined, and is nowhere near as useful. Not to mention that the only way to get him is to pop $45 for the Icarus Tactics supplement; sure the Quonset huts are nice, but you can get more of them for less than half that.

Yea, but Rhino and Ozz don't fit into Fireball Drop or Falling Skies too easily. Putting the Sarge into a Fireball or Mobile HQ is a fun way to get him into 12" with little effort, especially after you suppress the crap out of everything nearby with Reapers, Choppers, or whatever you bring along for the Drop.

I think you put too much importance on deploying a single model over 12" away from the enemy as a reserve entrance. If that works against the people you play with, fine. Someday they'll figure out how to deal with it and your force is boned if that's your one tactic, which is sounds like. And the SSU and their helis laugh loudly at the idea of only one unit at a time being air deployed… They also laugh at the Fireball. Apparently you're not familiar with SSU tank-killers.

I've used him multiple times so far, and he performs very decently. He's a lone hero, so never takes suppression. 6 wounds and cheat death is pretty useful. I hated headshot when I read it, but have begun to love it because its a multiple shot sniper action, no defense against it. He's a finesse model, he isn't as much an easy button as Winter Child is. He's more of a hit and run style and I've yet to put him in a vehicle yet (that's next)

Warboss Krag said:

I think you put too much importance on deploying a single model over 12" away from the enemy as a reserve entrance. If that works against the people you play with, fine. Someday they'll figure out how to deal with it and your force is boned if that's your one tactic, which is sounds like. And the SSU and their helis laugh loudly at the idea of only one unit at a time being air deployed… They also laugh at the Fireball. Apparently you're not familiar with SSU tank-killers.

Read up on Falling Skies , then get back to me. Not sure you have any idea what it is or how it works.

And the SSU don't have a single "tank-killer" that worries my Fireballs. Only the Axis can do that with their lasers - which can one-shot a Fireball in extraordinary circumstances.

And I am with you blkdymnd - putting him in one of those Mobile HQs might be worth a shot. Debating on it, currently. :D