Question for the experienced players…

By Brownmantle, in Dust Warfare

I just bought the Revised Core & was wondering if you could help me out. My Buddy wants to play SSU really, really badly (because they look so cool) but I have yet to play the game. He lives out of town and wants me to pick him up an army that is evenly matched with the Revised Core armies. What should I buy him. Please give me advice! This is a cheap game, as mini's go, & I'm not afraid of loosing him a few bucks, so don't worry about disclaimers…he is the one that wants to play, after all…

Brownmantle said:

I just bought the Revised Core & was wondering if you could help me out. My Buddy wants to play SSU really, really badly (because they look so cool) but I have yet to play the game. He lives out of town and wants me to pick him up an army that is evenly matched with the Revised Core armies. What should I buy him. Please give me advice! This is a cheap game, as mini's go, & I'm not afraid of loosing him a few bucks, so don't worry about disclaimers…he is the one that wants to play, after all…

This contains many of the staple units that I tend to see my SSU playing friends field all the time. Also I'm assuming you'll be using the Axis Army. The Allies army is only 120 pts so take out one of whatever.

You'll need 2 x Red Guards Antitank Squads, 1 x Commisar Squad, 1 x KV47 walker set, 1 x SSU Close Combat Squad and finally 1 x Red Guards Command Squad.

Dust Warfare - Force BuilderFaction: SSU ( 140 / 282 )---  Red Platoon (140)Command Section: "Red Command" Red Guards Command Squad (25)1st Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)2nd Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)3rd Section: KV47-B "Natasha" (40)Commissar: "The Fonvizin" (9)Commissar: "The Derzhavin" (5)Support: "Fakyeli" SSU Close Combat Squad (21)

Thank you very, VERY, much! I think that will do quite well. I really appreciate it!

I want to echo that combination is a very good core. It's quite versitle and can easily be expanded into two Platoons will a couple key purchase down the road depending on which way you want to go.