Snapshot?

By TalkingMuffin, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I get what it does, for the most part (it seems a little OP), but I haven't seen any weapons that have it. Any advice?

TalkingMuffin said:

I get what it does, for the most part (it seems a little OP), but I haven't seen any weapons that have it. Any advice?

Take the Beta updates advice and ignore it.

Snapshot was deleted during the beta phase: p6, 3rd entry from the end in the final patch notes.

I believe it only appeared on a weapon mod.

-WJL

Snapshot looks like it was intended as a means to provide the general benefit of Auto-fire (multiple hits per activation, but only to a single target) to weapons that generally don't have auto-fire, like the blaster carbine and blaster rifle. But given all the issues that Auto-fire had during the Beta (being too cheap to activate), the designers probably felt that Snapshot wasn't needed, at least at that point in time in the Beta.

Personally, I'd include Snapshot as an weapon attachment option, making it something that could be applied not only to blaster carbines or rifles, but also to blaster pistols with the exception of hold-outs, but re-worded so that it can only be activated once per attack roll; easier to activate than Autofire (since it's not applying an extra Difficulty die, but not as versatile or able to dish out as many extra attacks no matter how many Advantage you roll).

I'd also make it a separate weapon attachment for pistols, with a price tag of at least 2000 credits and a requirement of 2 hard points. Additional modification options would likely be to add the Pierce qualilty up to two times and two bumps to the base damage rating. All those would turn even a basic blaster pistol into a veritable hand cannon in the hands of a skilled shooter.

I've been toying with a double-barelled attachment - which adds a linked 1 quality, but also makes the weapon inaccurate (i.e. 1 setback die to attack check). There are some extra mods too I think, Pierce would be nice for one. I'll have to check that.

A similar attachment for pistols could be cool, thanks for inspiration!