A Time of Trials teaser posted

By LetsGoRed, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

FFG has posted a teaser for the second in King’s Landing cycle chapter pack:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

Not much, but it does give some specific card names that'll be included.

I like the preview. But unfortunately there´s still no word about a Martell/Greyjoy expansion, or a legacy pack with the most needed cards. :-(

Old Ben said:

I like the preview. But unfortunately there´s still no word about a Martell/Greyjoy expansion, or a legacy pack with the most needed cards. :-(

If that were ever announced, I bet there would be much rejoicing. More than any other release by FFG, this is the one I want to see the most.

As far as A Time for Trials is concerned, how about that cover art? I think it's amazing, and I'm trying to figure out if it is a character (Ser Gregor Clegane, perhaps?) or an event. Either way, it is one impressive piece of art.

Some of the cards that have been mentioned, I wonder if they are going to be reprints of the older cards. I've neer been a huge fan the CS Hound, but if they reprinted the 5KE one, I wouldn't object. And I think this will be the firt appearance of Moonboy! Pretty awesome.

OMG. I frakking love that cover art. Any chance of some AGOT art wallpapers? *hint hint*

I like the phrase "trials and pitfalls that can cross up the most carefully laid plans." My first reaction is to think of cancels and location control, which one or two people around here may have mentioned being in favor of. gran_risa.gif

Did I miss the the preview of the first chapter of King´s Landing (City of Secrets) anywhere? ô.ÔU

Invierno said:

Did I miss the the preview of the first chapter of King´s Landing (City of Secrets) anywhere? ô.ÔU

I think technically, the general King's Landing Expansion teaser also counts as the City of Secrets teaser.

No spoilers or anything yet....

That is some beautiful artwork! I am continually amazed by the quality of art in this game. I also like the pattern on this box. It's like well worn, dirt encrusted cloth. Very spooky, very appropriate for King's Landing.

Wow the art looks great.

But I am thinking that they make the spoilers very early...We wont see the CP till June propably, but it is good to know that they still didnt forgot about this game. Hope they will post some more detailed spoiler in few month.

JerusalemJones said:

Old Ben said:

If that were ever announced, I bet there would be much rejoicing. More than any other release by FFG, this is the one I want to see the most.

The more I think about it, the more I'd be surprised if there was not a Martell and Greyjoy expansion at some point. It seems like a lay up for FFG:

- Every card could be a reprint, so design efforts are greatly reduced (you still need to be thoughtful about what old cards you are introducing into the LCG environment, but that's got to be easier than creating LCG friendly cards from scratch).

- For new, LCG-era players, it's all new to them and so long as the expansion "fits" into the LCG universe (read as: white borders), I can't imagine they'd care that it's reprints --the core set basically is, after all.

- For some new players, I imagine the deck building aspect of AGoT is not a big selling point and would happily embrace two additional preconstructed house decks that you could selected from when playing a Core Set game with friends. On the rare occasion I play MtG (a friend gives me his surplus cards on occasion), but I'm not that interested in building MtG decks and much happier to just use the preconstructed decks that WotC occasionally release (the recent Duels decks are nice idea from WotC). And throw in some Martell/Greyjoy friendly nuetrals, plots, and events that can nonetheless be used in decks for other houses for those who do enjoy deck building and are interested in other houses.

- Existing CCG-era players (well, at least the vocal few on these boards) are clamoring for it. FFG could probably do a preorder and most of us would buy 3x copies, sight unseen. happy.gif

The only negative I can think of is if the CCG-era players already have these cards in their collection, they might not bother to buy them once they are "legal" again. So, FFG should just make sure some of the reprinted cards are from older, pre-ITE sets --then at a minimum people who haven't been in it from day one (like me) or who would want their cards all in the current ITE-introduced layout (yeah, probably me again if I owned any Winter Edition and prior cards) will still be scooping them up.

So, what am I missing?

FFG, the above analysis is my gift to you. lengua.gif

I'd but it - even if it were entirley straight reprints (I am sure i own every card they would reprint)

It would be more to boost the LFGS on long Island than for FFG's sake - but I'd buy it, the minute it came out.

Time of trials seems to be the one that will have the new Arya in it. the following was posted on the upcoming products blurb about it [minor spoiler if you haven't finished the first and most of the second book].

"All she wanted was to go home, but leaving King's Landing was not so easy as she had hoped. She had been sleeping in Flea Bottom, on rooftops, and in stables, wherever she could find a place to lie down, and it hadn't taken her long to learn that the district was well named..."

Wait - no one has commented that Tears of Lys is cited as one fo teh cards?! If this si a straight reprint it will be awesome! We so need teh challenge effect events back in the game at the moment, and this would be great.

Man - that kill event was in 90% of my decks before rotation. Great card.

Stag Lord said:

Wait - no one has commented that Tears of Lys is cited as one fo teh cards?! If this si a straight reprint it will be awesome! We so need teh challenge effect events back in the game at the moment, and this would be great.

Man - that kill event was in 90% of my decks before rotation. Great card.

It was a great card. But if the card sget reprinted I just hope an additional condition is printed on the new tears of Lys card, something like "win an intrigue challenge by 4 or more". I´m somehow sick and tired of all these easy kill solutions like icy catapult and the like. So i´m crossing my fingers for reliable charachter control, but not to easy charachter control cards.

What we need is Neutral location control, not character control.But if we're gonna reprint tears, PttS and PttT can be reprinted too. ~Just like the old days.

I'm not seeing the easy charatcer kill outside of Stark. some neutrl kill would be great.

And KP: I think we agree on location control. its just not there and lcoations are dominating at the moment.