Beginner list?

By Friztang80, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

I have a quick question. I will be playing dust for the first time this weekend, I have read he rule book and got a general idea of the forces. My friend gave me the allies from his box set, and now I have challengers waiting in line because I am a new player and people see me as an easy target, and they should its all in good fun. I would just like to suprise some people and actually compete my first couple of games, so my question is can you guys help me with some tips on tactics and army list. I will be playing axis and ssu both are very good players, but I dont know their play style yet. Any tips would be great. thanks fellow gamers.

Quick question, long difficult answer.

First I would list what units you have. This will give people an idea of where to start with suggestions.

Second, what point value are you going to be playing at?

The Revised Core Set (RCS) Allies by themselves are a pretty formidable force and are easily expanded to get a solid 150 AP list. How you expand becomes the big question.

I think its a 300 value game. I have 2 BBQ squads, Rhino (hero) 2 Wildires, 2 grim reapers , hell boys, 1 sniper, Boss command squad, 1 hammers, 1 recon squad, and a black hawk walker. I have the ability to get more if you suggest im missing something.

Friztang80 said:

I think its a 300 value game. I have 2 BBQ squads, Rhino (hero) 2 Wildires, 2 grim reapers , hell boys, 1 sniper, Boss command squad, 1 hammers, 1 recon squad, and a black hawk walker. I have the ability to get more if you suggest im missing something.

Head on over to Dust-War.com's forums - plenty of Allied players there who will chime in with lists, myself included.

The Grimm Reapers are an excellent ant-infantry squad.The Allies have the best aircraft in the game. Also the Fireball can be pretty nasty w/ Air Drop.