Great Lakes Regional May 10th in Taylor Michigan

By Drewkasa, in UFS Fan Announcements

Just when you thought it was safe to avoid Michigan again a new regional appears! This one will be held at Wonderworld Comics May 10th with many other events too here is the schedule

Friday May 8th will be a Team Event and the cost is 21 dollars per team to enter. Time is TBD

Saturday May 9th Is the regional and will cost 25 dollars to enter time is TBD

Sunday May 10th is the legazcy even and the cost to enter will be 10 dollars. Time is TBD

For people interested in playing in all the events 35 dollars will cover you for the entire weekend. Prizes are still TBD but the store owner is working out some great prizes for the hefty entry fee for each tournament. The address for Wonderowrld

22347 Ecorse Road
Taylor, Michigan 48180
(313) 292-8697

There aren't a whole lot of details yet as we still have to plan em and such but I will keep you all updated because my scout does not access the boards very often. With it being so close to Can Nats I can understand if some can't make it but look at it as a chance for practice right before Can Nats. If anyone has any further questions please ask and I will try to answer them

Hell yeah. I and the rest of the FOXHounders would be down for a tune up right before Can Nats

That is good news I am glad to hear you guys will be making the trip. I look forward to some more great games against you guys.

Awesome to hear you guys will be down here again. I'll, almost guarenteed, be there...seeing as it's about a mile from my house.

bump to the top and I hope to see lots of people there

I'm hoping I'll be able to attend, as it will great practice for Can Nats, but this northeastern regionals are way bit packed together for scheduling. Your regionals 1 week, Can Nats next, and then NY regionals... right after...

Um... drew. What day specifically will the regionals be on? lol

The regional will be May 10th I was waiting to hear back from my store on an exact date.

Just 1 month away...

This needs to be bumped. Also, since Andrew hasnt mentioned it yet, the days for the tournaments has been changed due to the fact that that Sunday is Mother's Day. The new Schedual is

Friday: Teams
Saturday: Singles
Sunday: Legacy

However we need to get a ruff estimate of who would be showing to the Teams on Friday because if no one plans on showing or we wouldnt have close to enough, then we'll move Legacy to Friday and probably scrap teams altogether. Let us hear from you if you will be showing for Teams.

More info to come

Well. We've got one that'll go for sure. but 25 bucks a hit is a bit crazy.

Way to price gouge MI. We've lost three of us due to this price estimage. Think the rest of us might try to hit Louisville! Game on!

Ya no offense but 25 for a non con event is pretty insane . Really too break even for the regional kit charging 5-10 dollars should be all the store owner needs.

Please understand I had nothing to do with the price so you 2 are complaining to the wrong person. However what you 2 CAN do is call this number and ask for Dennis (313) 292-8697. Express your feelings on the price and hopefully something may change.

It was only a minor complaint. :P

And if I called someone, I would lose my internet anonymity invulnerability! :)

Some people from here will be seeing ya'll! I just was totally and consistently unable to get that (any) saturday off... sucks to work at a place that only has 5 workers.

Ok, heres the Updated info after we talked with our store owner

Date: Saturday July 11th
Price: $10
Time: Deck lists are due at 12:00, round one should start about 1:00 pending
Place: Wonder World Comics, Games and Toys

The Plan right now is 4 rounds swiss, then after a lunch/dinner break we will cut to top 4. (pending on the number of people who show, if more show then we will add in more rounds)

There MAY also be a side event for those who dont make it into top 8 (like Ladies Night, Heavy Weight, or something else) if people show an interest. The main thing we need is to get an idea of who will be showing so we can figure out what to do about prizes, side events, and possibly either a teams or legacy event on Friday.