Discipline Focus

By Octus Havelock, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

I was flipping through the talents my Imperial Psyker can take, and noticed that Discipline Focus can be taken multiple times. I know that this is generally so that multi-disciplined psykers can get a bonus to their various power groups, but I was wondering if it can be taken multiple times for the same discipline? I haven't found anything to say it can't be done, so any info and/or advice would be great.

well personally I wouldn't allow it, just because it becomes too easy to just stack these and only roll 1 die to be able to get the "big guns" out… with much bigger chance of success and a lowered risk (since rolling one-two dice generates less phenomena then rolling three dice) won't help the balance at all (after all, many consider psykers OP as it is) .

I believe you can take it multiple times for the same discipline. I think we only get access to the talent like three times though, without taking alternative ranks.

Thanks for the answers. From the rule book, you can only take it 3 times through level 8. My buddy is running an Ascension campaign, and I'm creating a purely Telekinetic Primaris Psyker. I wanted to know if it was allowable/acceptable to stack before I brought it up with my GM. Plus, while it does give a hefty bonus, ascended psychic thresholds can go into the 30's on some abilities, so every little bit helps…

The reason you can take it multiple times, is that it is a Talent Group (DH, p 110). Just like Basic Weapon Training can be taken multiple times, and each time you choose one of the abilities in the group.

I do not think you can take this talent multiple times for the same discipline, just as you can't take Pistol Training (Bolt) multiple times for additional training.