MIL MI 46 Air Transport good or not?

By kennethnchacon2, in Dust Warfare

I want to know if MIL MI 46 Air Transport with walker a good unit to deploy in battle. I appreciate any suggestion. Im planing to make a ssu soon. Proud onwer of axis and allies 300 points

i was thinking of these two list

--- Defense Platoon (134)

Upgrade: Cavalry Platoon (5)

Command Section: Koshka Rudinova with Grand'ma (53, Hero)

1st Section: "Fakyeli" SSU Close Combat Squad (21)

2nd Section: "Chinese Volunteers" SSU Auxiliary Attack Squad (15)

Support: MIL MI-45 Airborne Transport (40)

--- Red Platoon (166)

Command Section: "Red Command" Red Guards Command Squad (25)

1st Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)

2nd Section: "Red Storm" Red Guards Assault Squad (26)

3rd Section: KV-3 K "Matrioshka" (65)

4th Section: KV47-C "Natalya" (30)

or

Faction: SSU ( 297 / 300 )

---  Political Platoon (146)
Upgrade: Cavalry Platoon (5)

Command Section: "The Drakoni" Commissar Squad (25)

1st Section: "Fakyeli" SSU Close Combat Squad (21)

2nd Section: "Chinese Volunteers" SSU Auxiliary Attack Squad (15)

Support: KV47-B "Natasha" (40)

Support: MIL MI-45 Airborne Transport (40)

---  Red Platoon (151)
Command Section: "Red Command" Red Guards Command Squad (25)

1st Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)

2nd Section: "Red Storm" Red Guards Assault Squad (26)

3rd Section: KV47-D Aero "Nina" (40)

4th Section: MIL MI-46 Airborne Walker Transport (40)

im also considering

Faction: SSU ( 296 / 300 )

---  Red Platoon (162)Command Section: "Red Command" Red Guards Command Squad (25)1st Section: "Red Storm" Red Guards Assault Squad (26)2nd Section: "Red Thunder" Red Guards Antitank Squad (20)3rd Section: IS-48 A "Karl Marx" (91)---  Defense Platoon (134)Upgrade: Cavalry Platoon (5)Command Section: Koshka Rudinova with Grand'ma (53, Hero)1st Section: "Fakyeli" SSU Close Combat Squad (21)2nd Section: "Chinese Volunteers" SSU Auxiliary Attack Squad (15)Support: MIL MI-45 Airborne Transport (40)

which is better IS 5 or IS 48

the IS-48 is the better all rounder/more solid of the two imo. The IS-5 is more specialized. being either anti air or artilery.

To answer your question about the walker transport. I would take it with the Nina, the dual rpgs only have a 16 inch range which then can be multiplied by the transport. Remember that the walkers can disembark from high altitiude allowing the heli and walker to be kept at a safer distance until you are ready.

now im thinking of IS 48 or kv-47 and kv3 on my list. I now know my friend has a aero trasnport so i might borrow it. IS 48 is big monster but would it better to have two walkers instead a big one.

Depends on your play style at the end of the day. Try them both out. I had my IS-48 sat on the far end of the board whilst my opponent tryed marching his fireball up the table towards it. I just sat there putting round after round into it untill it came to halt at 13 inches away lol.

I only have the aero walker atm but im going to pick up the KV47 box on my next order so at some point i will feild 2 walkers.

Its going to be intresting to see how SSU list change once the allie and axis start feilding the own air units though. So you could see the IS-5 (mao zedong) getting more action or people going for the cheaper nastasia (I think thats the AA aero walker).

its true flyers are going be key winners.

Except that air units sure go away fast when AAA hits them. The ZSU-85 will frag anything. Even the M2 AAA unit is deadly. And the Heinrich light walker's quad 20mm (the French retards that write the Tactics rules, where the base-line stats for Warfare come from, underestimate the heavy MG/light cannons) is actually useful in this context.

"The ZSU-85 will frag anything. Even the M2 AAA unit is deadly"

Don't think I've seen either of those yet? are they new?

They call it the Mao, I call it what it is: A ZSU-85. And the M2 AAA is the Cobra twin 40mm.

See what you mean about the A-ZSU-85 36 inch range and 4/1 even against armour 7. Its a nice all rounder and ofc 7/1 AA.

But like I said before it going to be intresting with the new Allied and Axis air units, how things change. Ive barley looked the SSU AA until today.

Check the little notice from FFG on the preview to Icarus. There's some scary air shenanegans going on there. Waiting for the book to hit the store shelves!

Allies:

Close air suppport: add the extra supression, hmm its intresting definetly worth a look, 10 AP? depends on how many air units you plan on fielding.

Air Supremacy: same as having extra panzers. So yeah I'd use that at some point. Once I had 2-3 planes.

Axis:

Schwer Armour: Fair enough thats pretty nice

Der Schwarm: 20AP off board artillery with the potential to hit 2 units! Also it can hit targets in the air! fair enough

SSU

City Fighters: 10AP any cover is hard cover, hmm this is debatable really. Persoanly I play alot of built up urban games so plenty of cover about. Nothing wrong with it but there are better options.

Red banner: 15AP reverse dice roll on supression removal with line of site to comand squad. Not always do I have line of site to every one. Hmm its very situational from my POV If your Deffeneding a possition this would be prety leathal.

And Yes Can't wait for Icarus to hit the stores, will probably take a while long for me in the UK though. They have already updated the Dust war force builder for all the new stuff! I have no idea what most of it is, liek, Medic medic for the allies!?