Blood Gorgons

By Caïn2, in Black Crusade

Im reading the novel Blood Gorgons by Henery Zou.

They are bonded pairs. My question is how would you do this in the game terms.

Thanks

Can you give us some more info? Then even folks who haven't read the book can help and those who have get a quick refresher.

Essentially, a Blood Gorgons new recruit is paired with a more veteran space marine and they make the pairing more permanent by taking some of the implanted organs from the veteran and putting them in the recruit. I'm not exactly sure why they do this, the book doesn't go into a lot of detail on the process except to say that forges a closer 'bond' between the two parties. It also doesn't explain what happens after the veteran has his organs removed, though they are still up to 100% combat effectiveness, so I assume that 'fresh' organs are implanted. There doesn't appear to be any actual effect to this process other than Chapter traditions, though it is vaguely implied that the organs from a veteran, or strong, space marine will carry that strength over to the recruit they are implanted in. It's an interesting bit of narrative, but I don't really see a reason to make an in game rule for it.

It seems to me to simply be a bonding ritual, the exchange of organs between mentor and student being an extreme version of unit tattoos or similar. Not an in game effect, but a psychological bond that could be roleplayed.

That sounds colossally stupid on several levels. Needlessly transplanting organs like that incurs unnecessary risks, for both parties. And that's assuming the recruit doesn't suffer organ rejection.

Boss Gitsmasha said:

That sounds colossally stupid on several levels. Needlessly transplanting organs like that incurs unnecessary risks, for both parties. And that's assuming the recruit doesn't suffer organ rejection.

it's marine organs so the second heart or third lung gets swapped, rather than the orginals. Still idiotic, but as far as chapter rituals go not the worst.

double post sorry

I play Space Marines in the tabletop game, and years before the novel Blood Gorgons came out, I created my own chapter: the Gorgons (bronze armour with green shoulder plates, with a glaring yellow eye as their symbol). Now, I can't use them in in-store games anymore:

Opponent: "Who're they s'posed t' be?"

Me: "My own Chapter- the Gorgons."

Opponent: "Yew mean th' Blood Gorgons! Yew didn' make them up! 'Sides, that's not whut they look like!"

Me: "Oh, sorry, was that your brain I just stabbed?"

**** you, Henry Zou!

All Astartes, at least going by the lore, function as universal blood-donors to their battlebrothers. Additionally, since they all carry the same geneseed, within the same chapter that is, they should logically be able to function quite well as organ-donors.

Yeah, if you want a more crunch based thing, maybe +10 WP while together, -10 WP while apart and then maybe that being permanent WP penalty if the other dies until they do something to redeem themselves

Well the Blood Gorgon bond brothers actually share a small part of their senses from what I read of it. As they are able to communicate their emotions and sensory information I'd say almost psychically. As in the book the main character feels the echo of his bond brothers knee injury. They also share experiences very minutely and know when one another are hurt or die.

Game wise maybe be able to parry for one another, increased bonuses to tests if they work together. Maybe in combat do attacks together to give penalties to avoiding them. Just generally bonuses if their working together as they can almost act as one.

You could make some talents for them using 'double team' as a base (as they shouldn't probably get these bonuses for free)