Useing your mind games to win?

By Majeh_XIII, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Strategy

Me and a friend where discussing about a recent post about where you need to use cards that have the same pod numbers that match, so you cant use dagobah training grounds from pod 2 in if your only using pod one. yet we discuessed then the idea of how we try to throw your opponent off his game useing the affliation card, only a few limited pods have affiliation only, (currently assumeing that the smugglers and scum are generally played as affiliation only for most players). There are crrently no rules saying your affiliation card has to match any of the pods in your deck.

so as the sets currently are at the moment includeing the current hoth pack there is no reason as to why a player would have to have a affiliation card that matchs, its always helpful for resource matching but could have a large affect with messing with your opponent.

What are other peoples opinions on this?

It would have to be a single-affiliation deck. The resource match the affiliation card provides is too valuable to waste on something as esoteric as throwing your opponent off, unless you can reliably (by which I mean 100% of the time) provide the match elsewhere, which is currently only possible in a single-affiliation deck.

It's a waste of time in my opinion. At some point your opponent will stop worrying about potential cards when objectives or cards from that affiliation never come into play.

I think it is possible to get away with not having to worry about resource matching if you, run pods that contain a lot of neutral enhancements and units then it should be fine, playing some events would become difficult, but if your aiming for a DS neutral trooper rush then you maybe able to pull it off.

Personally, my policy isn't to play around cards that my opponent may or may not be running - enough cards cycle through the game naturally that by the end of my opponent's first turn, I can reasonably guess at most of their deck. I might decide to hold onto that Tear This Ship Apart instead of tossing it into the Edge battle if I see an A-Wing, but if my opponent has three Jedi objectives and the Rebel Alliance affiliation card, I'm not going to save it for Heavy Blaster Emplacement when I can tear apart a Trust Your Feelings or Old Ben's Spirit that's been giving me grief unless I've actually seen a card from set 9.